1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Assigned Ringtones won't ring thru...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jenniferd1029, Jun 8, 2011.

1. jenniferd1029

jenniferd1029 Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    Recently, Rooted and currently using GSB 3.5-Cyan Mod 7.1.0. I have Ringroid and have made several ringtones. They are on sd/media/audio/ringtones and few are in notifications.

Problem like I think some others, I have assigned them, I have backed up (not knowing if that matters.) And still my default ringer rings on every contact.

I have put my contacts into the ignore on my ATM, rebooted, my ringtones are still assigned just not coming through.

Now here is the kicker, I have Handcent SMS and my individual text notifications are working great. (Note: These were also made through Ringroid).

Please anyone out there who has a solution.....HELP! :thinking:

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Android Expert
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    Moving this thread to All things root.

This seems to be a known problem with CyanogenMod 7.1 RC ROMs like GSB. Some people think that it started with the introduction of profiles to CM7. I think that you'll either have to wait until this gets fixed, or maybe install an older version of GSB that did not have the problem.

I'm not sure whether the other CM7 ROMs have this problem. Does anybody know?

Moving this thread to "All things root".

3. CondemnedSoul

CondemnedSoul Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 30, 2010
    NJ

I'm not sure about the other roms. I'm not even sure about mine lol. I haven't tried it and haven't seen it mentioned about mine but one thing that might be worth trying is this.... perform a full wipe. Flash the rom. Since gsb has gapps included you don't need that. Reboot phone and do your setup BUT.... unchecked the option to restore settings from your Google account. This procedure I also found fixes the issues some people have had with exchange mail running too frequently and draining their battery.

4. jenniferd1029

jenniferd1029 Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    Thanks guys!