1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Assigning Album Artwork

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by womb raider, May 16, 2011.

1. womb raider

womb raider Android Enthusiast

Hi guys.

I've been copying across various mp3s onto my Desire from my computer and have noticed some mp3s that don't have an image assigned to them have been assigned a picture of my son (from my gallery) by my phone.

I can't seem to find any way to change this picture, without having to assign an image to the original mp3 on my computer and copy it across again.

Is there a way I can choose which image to assign to an mp3, or will I have to download an app to do this?

Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. womb raider

womb raider Android Enthusiast

Awesome, looks like this will do the job! Cheers!

Seems strange that you can't do this without an app tho, especially seeing as my Desire has been able to do it by itself!

3. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast

I see your point, although to be fair, the Desire is just assigning a random image to all the tracks that don't have one embedded in their ID3 tag. It's not actually editing the file. It would be useful to do this from the phone, but I suppose you need to draw the line somewhere as to what functionality you include in an OS, and MP3 tag editing is just probably not mainstream enough.

Personally, I use MP3TAG on the PC to make sure all my tags are OK and album art is properly saved for all tracks before copying to any portable device. It's a bit time consuming the first time, but after that it's quite quick to go over any new albums.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews