1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

assurion saying not their claim, call vzw?!?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by boatman, Sep 27, 2014.

1. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast

I dropped my S3 and now the screen is black. It had some issues where little parts of the screen were black, but the phone was useable. After I dropped it, the whole screen is black, and won't come back. The screen itself is not cracked. Not real visible damage except small dent. The phone works, it rings etc., but you can't use it as you can't see the screen.

When I filled out asurion claim, they say this is not something they cover?!

Why have I been paying them $7/mo.

It is 1.5 years old. Will vzw get me a new phone?

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Yeah, that doesn't seem right :( :thinking:.

When we were with VZW, we made several claims with Assurion, mostly for my daughter's phones (dog ate one (really) and at least one drop causing a cracked screen).

Didn't have a bit of an issue with either claim...

:dontknow:

3. Asurion Cares

Asurion Cares Lurker

Hi Boatman!

We’d be love to look into this for you. Typically we cover physical damage, loss and theft. Please email your name, mobile#, carrier name, your claim # and a contact# to socialmediateam@asurion.com. Let’s see if we can help get you up and running again!

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team
    @AsurionCares
    Welcome to Phoneclaim.com

Doit2it, Thom and scary alien like this.
  4. Welcome to Android Forums.

It is great when a new problem solver shows up.

... Thom

5. lowlyworm

lowlyworm Well-Known Member

If there is no evidence of physical damage, then it's a warranty issue, not an insurance issue. VZW will replace it for no cost.

scary alien likes this.
  6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

It might be out of warranty if it's 1.5 years old, though (aren't they typically just 12 months :dontknow:)...:(

P.S., hello, fellow Hoosier! :wavey:

7. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

solution = throw phone in first river or lake you see, file a claim for a lost phone.

8. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast

'Prison Orange' is not the best color for me.

Update: files claim through vzw, was honored and new (guess really refurb) phone sent with no insurance claim.

9. Nick The Great

Nick The Great Well-Known Member

That's weird.

I dropped and cracked my screen 6 months into mine. But I had Geek Squad and they covered that.

Glad you're back in business :)

scary alien likes this.
  10. patsfann

patsfann Well-Known Member

I bought a new note 4 and had to do many factory reset 's within a 3 month period Verizon sent me a refurbished 1... Why can't they just replace with a new 1 ,, it literally never saw the light of day ,left the store with case and screen protector. .......