• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Astrid data backup

gadzooks

Jan 16, 2010
left coast USA
I don't see a way to back up Astrid data. By data, I mean tasks & their properties, like deadlines, notes, recurrence & tags. Anyone see something I'm overlooking?

I can sync with Remember the Milk, but I believe recurrence implementation is not compatible & I have a lot of recurring tasks. And there's that $25/yr fee for RtM sync.

I've written Astrid dev & not heard back yet but it's only been a couple of days.

If I were rooted, I think I could back up the data with Titanium Backup. True? Has anyone successfully recovered Astrid data this way?

Update: since posting this, I remembered having seen a related thread.
http://androidforums.com/applicatio...-like-google-tasks-dont-know-when-though.html
See what happens when you graduate from Where's the Search? :eek:

Recapping, per dev, once Google releases API for Tasks, there are plans to add syncing Astrid with Google Tasks. So at some time in the future... I don't see all properties making the journey (like tags & possibly recurrence), but it's something. I wonder too how there's a gTasks, with no released API for tasks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones