• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Astrid

I'm having a mess with Astrid syncing with RTM. I marked an item as complete in Astrid. After it synced, several items that were due today disappeared in Astrid and now show up on the next occurrence date (they are repeating). However they still show up for today on the RTM web site.

I took another item due today and moved the date ahead by one week in Astrid. After syncing, it still shows up as due today on the RTM web site.

Is anyone using Atrid and syncing with RTM? How well does it work for you?

Upvote 0
Is it possible to stop Astrid from syncing with RTM every time I check off a task as completed? I don't have a constant Internet connection and it keeps giving me a dialog window every time it can't sync.

It seems to do this only for tasks that were set to repeat from the RTM web site.

If you set the repeat through Astrid, then it moves the task to the new date locally and syncs to RTM later according to your regular schedule.

Upvote 0
It seems to do this only for tasks that were set to repeat from the RTM web site.

If you set the repeat through Astrid, then it moves the task to the new date locally and syncs to RTM later according to your regular schedule.
I copied a lot of tasks from Toodledo to RTM to use Astrid. When I change the repeat in Astrid it still shows as 'Repeats on remote server'.

It would be a huge amount of work to delete all these and re-enter them on the phone.

Upvote 0
I've been using it since I got my Droid last November and its been reliable for me. I check it daily and have task reminders going off at least once every few days (sometimes more often). I create tasks on the Droid (which ultimately show in RTM) and I create tasks in RTM (which ultimately show up on the Droid). If I don't want to wait for the hourly automatic sync, I sync manually.

The only problem I ever had was with a reminder that was set to repeat on RTM getting moved to the new date after the original date had passed even though I didn't mark the task complete. I haven't seen that occur again (it may have been fixed in one of the updates).

Upvote 0
The only problem I ever had was with a reminder that was set to repeat on RTM getting moved to the new date after the original date had passed even though I didn't mark the task complete. I haven't seen that occur again (it may have been fixed in one of the updates).
That sounds like the problem I had. It happened several times on several tasks on the version I download a few days ago.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones