1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Astro File Manager and SDCard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mshepp, Sep 16, 2010.

1. mshepp

mshepp Member

May 17, 2010
    Retired
    Lutz, FL
    I have Astro File Manager installed. I have not used it much but now have a question I can't find a answer to. I added some files to the SDCard when it was connected to my PC. I go to Astro and it looks like, at least on my Incredible that my sdcard is listed under mnt/emmc. I have installed the TitantiumBackup and it thinks my SDCard is mnt/sdcard but that looks like it is the internal memory when I connect the phone to the PC. I did a backup and instead of installing the backup to my sdcard it all went to the internal memory. What good is a backup there? I thought the purpose was to put the backup to the sdcard so you could easily have it on a external card.

If my sdcard should be mnt/sdcard how do I get the phone to use that for the removable sdcard? On the root of my internal file system I have a /sdcard folder which looks like it is the same as the /mnt/sdcard folder. The /mnt/sdcard/ and the mnt/emmc/ are different and the mnt/emmc/ folder has all my sdcard files and folders.

Am I missing something somewhere? Why is it so difficult to find the sdcard files and is there a way to fix my file system or TitantiumBackup to find the right system? I am at a loss on this one.

Advertisement

2. mshepp

mshepp Member

May 17, 2010
    Retired
    Lutz, FL
    HTC Support to the rescue. They had me copy the SD card files to my PC and then do a format from the phone. I did that but what got formated was /mnt/sdcard/ which is part of the internal storage. I then took the original 2GB card that came with the phone and put it in a card reader on my PC and did a format there (FAT32). After the format I copied the files back to that card and put it in my phone. All works as it should, in a file manager /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard showed what was on my SD Card. I then put my 8GB card in the card reader on my PC and did a FAT32 format on it and then copied the files back to it. I then swapped the cards and now I can see the 8GB SD card as either /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard as it should.

Now all I need to find out is what should really be in /mnt/emmc and see if I can get that back the way it should be. Anyone know what directories & files should be there?