1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Astro Tab A10 optimizing apps loop

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Halikar, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Halikar

Halikar Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2016
    Male
    I received this tablet 2 days ago, and in the process of installing apps I have run into a problem. After a spontaneous reboot, the unit displays a window "Android is starting... Optimizing app X or XX", then reboots again, over and over.

I am aware this is a no name, Chinese brand tablet, and that likely limits any assistance I can hope to get. I am attempting to contact the US distributor in San Diego, but I figured I'd cover all bases and post here as well.

What I have done so far, all based on Google research I've been able to garner so far:

Booted into recovery mode and run a factory reset.
    Attempted to boot while charging, while USB connected to my PC, and without any connection at all.
    I have waited as long as an hour of rebooting without touching it to see if it would eventually complete the cycle.

My current hope, baring someone having a miracle solution, is that someone may have a ROM I can flash onto this device since I do have recovery mode access. That is my primary question to the distributor, and I am fully prepared to return it for replacement if need be (making my own backup ROM in the process, once I learn how).

Anywho, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Optimizing apps loop, never completes. If you got a micro-SD card in it, try removing it, see if it boots normally then. And if it does, could be the micro-SD has a problem.

scary alien likes this.
  3. Halikar

Halikar Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2016
    Male
    Thank you for reminding me. I actually removed the SD card very early on as I didn't want to lose anything on it (which I didn't). But it was early enough in the process that I hadn't considered it a possibility.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    OK, try another factory reset, and if it's still failing to boot and looping at optimizing apps without the micro-SD, could be it's duff. And only thing can do is RMA for replacement or refund.

5. Halikar

Halikar Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2016
    Male
    That's already my expectation. I just hate giving up until I absolutely have to. :)

6. Halikar

Halikar Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2016
    Male
    The manufacturer has provided me with the firmware to repair this device, so I think I will have this fixed soon. Just as soon as I can figure out why Windows is insisting it doesn't have a device driver in spite of installing it.

7. Halikar

Halikar Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2016
    Male
    Yup, all fixed. Thanks for your time!

mikedt likes this.