1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Asurion Claim ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gsxr310, Feb 22, 2011.

1. gsxr310

gsxr310 Newbie

screen wouldn't work after a drop so i made a claim. was wondering what phone is asurion gonna send me?

Advertisement

2. DapCorderman

DapCorderman Member

If you made a claim on a Droid 1 then a refurbished Droid 1, likely.

3. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast

I just made a claim on Saturday, and received a refurbished Droid 1. Not really sure if it was worth the $89 deductible charge...

4. DapCorderman

DapCorderman Member

...plus how many months of paying the insurance charge? With that what did you actually pay for that refurb Droid 1?

5. icecold

I have been taking that into account, in regards to keeping or dumping the insurance. But 15 months at $6 a month plus the deductible comes out to $179 for a refurbished Droid... A little steep, but definitely worth it in the year or so of owning the device. I'll have to keep that in mind on my next device...

Edit: Or at least keep it while they are giving out new devices. I know for awhile replacements were Droid 2's. "Luckily" for me, they must have increased their refurbished stock.

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

NOTE TO SELF: Next time I buy a smartphone I will use SquareTrade and NOT Asurion. Cheaper & better... :)

7. th3goob

th3goob Well-Known Member

made a claim on my droid 1 and got a droid 2 global(miss my easy bootloader=( )

8. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

Depends on current stock. Asking on a forum is fairly pointless. Ask Asurion.

9. icecold

SquareTrade does seem like a better option... $99 for two year coverage, $50 deductible...covering up to $600 damage.

10. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast

I'm actually coming out ahead with Asurion THIS TIME, because it's a $90 deductible and $7 a month... and I've only had my D2G for about 2.5 months, and I managed to wash it... Ooops.

11. icecold

That is where Asurion really does come through, especially if they send you a new phone versus a refurbished.

About the only saving grace for me was they did send a new battery, battery cover, and charger along with the replacement. Better than Verizon used to do by sending out just the replacement phone.

12. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast

Well, my last Asurion replacement enVtouch was a refurb. I don't care if it's refurb as long as it works. I like that they not only send you a new battery/door/charger/everything, but they let you keep the old ones, too. All they want back from me is the phone itself.

13. RyanB

RyanB Guest

My experience was the same. I had a busted USB port on my D1, called in Sunday afternoon, and it was there Tuesday AM. I may have to send this one back though as I'm noticing some odd behavior with the battery levels changing wildly and the touch screen behaving oddly, so OP I recommend taking advantage of the week or so you have to evaluate it. FWIW, it was in *mint* physical condition. I wouldn't have known it was a refurb but for the sticker under where the battery is housed indicated as much.

14. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Has anyone recently had a bad refurb? How is Asurion to deal with on that? How is their tech support?

15. myfishbear

myfishbear Android Enthusiast

they are jerks... i had a older flip phone (lg i think) and they replaced it with a phone which had replacement plastic and the side buttons didnt work... they then tried to charge me another 50 bucks for a working phone... now if i break my phone i buy a new one on ebay... got my droid one for 140$ on there...

16. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

I had a bad refurb once, just called up Asurion, they sent me a new one and that was that.

P.S. I have had my Droid 1 replaced via Asurion and the refurb was in mint condition.

Why will I always have Asurion? Even if it's more expensive than Squaretrade? Because the convenience of having a refurb working phone in my hand the next morning (or morning right after that) trumps saving some bucks considering squaretrade would require a week to two weeks to either fix/give you your money back.

Going more than 2-3 days without my phone is not an option, I need to have access to my email, my work, my contacts daily since I do not have a land line.

P.S. they didnt charge me for the second one since it is faulty.