• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asurion has no more incredibles

From someone that has worked for Asurion, it all depends what is available at the time. Which honestly, shouldn't be so hard to understand but getting reemed out by mad customers for a year and a half, people just don't understand. All those warranty phones sent in, if possible get cleaned, fixed, and tested. When Asurion gets a shipment in and thats the phone you are replacing that will be the phone you get. Even if Asurion was out for 6 months they can still get a shipment of that phone in. Yes after the phone is discontinued it is more unlikely that the phone will come back in stock. Though I have seen it more times than once when a phone they didn't have in stock for months all of a sudden comes available during order process.

Not only this, but if there is a limited amount of a phone left, the system automatically chooses a comparable phone that is more abundant. Basically, that keeps the system from over ordering a phone causing backorders and such.

Keep in mind that just cause a certain phone is the successor of the phone your replacing doesn't mean that will be the replacement phone. Always loved how people EXPECT the upgrade to their device if theirs isn't available. Since it has to be a comparable device, if something is closer in specs that will be the replacement, not the upgraded device.

There is a lot to Asurion's insurance replacement process but it is all about reading the Insurance Coverage Terms. There is a lot in there that people that don't read and then get mad at the CSR's for them not reading the Terms. My favorite is when a parent punishes their child by not replacing their phone for like 4 months and when they do call in and find out that they only had 60 days to call the claim in they get pretty upset. In the end the parent f***ed themselves.

Reactions: holdshort
Upvote 0
I just filed a claim for my wet phone and they are sending me an Incredible 1. I'd rather have that than the Inc2, so I don't have to buy a new case for it since I just bought a new Seidio last week. Hopefully it'll be a good refurb.

And..... I was grandfathered in so the replacement only cost me $50!!!!!

Upvote 0
Just filed a claim with Asurion for my Dinc today. The power/sleep button stopped functioning properly. Every time I push it to put it to sleep the power menu pops up. Anyway, rest assured as of today at 10:15 a.m. they have Incredible's in stock. BTW for some reason they called it an Audiovox Incredible. They told me to "rest assured it will be an HTC Incredible" it's just labeled in their system that way.

Upvote 0
I just filed a claim today as my phone is rebooting constantly (even during phone calls), and doing a factory reset didn't help.

They said I will be getting an Inc 1. I was hoping for an Inc 2, but honestly I just want a phone that works properly.

I will update if it turns out they sent an Inc 2 or other phone, but it appears they have enough refurb Inc 1's to go around right now.

Upvote 0
Update -- I received an Inc 1. Thing is, it is even worse than my original phone! It randomly reboots several times an hour, and even shuts itself off.

Asurion is sending me another replacement, but honestly I think the random rebooting is a problem with a lot of the Inc 1's that were manufactured. I hope the next one I get doesn't have that problem.

Upvote 0
My phone got dropped into a cooler with water and ice yesterday at a picnic, it currently is sitting in a jar of rice to see if it brings it back 100%. It kind of works but the graphics are a little messed up when transitioning screens and the sound is a little garbled.

I went to the Assurian website to file a claim and it didn't tell me what I would get just that I had an Audiovox Droid Incredible. So I'm assuming that I will get another Dinc1.
You should never start your phone after it falls into water till it is all dried out. Can short out components.

Upvote 0
I received an OG Incredible for my Asurion claim this month. It wasn't even an issue that was discussed. The ONLY issue is that the rep said "Audiovox" Incredible instead of "HTC". However, when I received it, Audiovox was on the paperwork but HTC was on the phone.

It's very possible they sub-contract AudioVox to do the Refurbishes....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones