1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Asus eee Pad Transformer (1st Gen) or Toshiba Thrive?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sinisterblogger, Dec 28, 2011.

1. sinisterblogger

For a laptop replacement - intending to use this thing for writing and general shenanigans. Which tablet should I take? Currently leaning toward the eee - just went to a store & played with both tablets, and the Toshiba's screen is kind of dull vs that of the eee, but otherwise, I dunno.

Tell me, oh wise internet wise people.

Edit: Yes, I know about the Transformer's keyboard dock, but is it really worth the money? I'm thinking I'll get the eee but not the dock, and then just buy a bluetooth keyboard and some kind of kickstand/case thing.

Edit (again): Bah, now I'm thinking about the Iconia. It's as good as the Asus, but has a full-sized USB port.

Decisions, decisions.

2. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

The Asus Transformer is a great choice. Don't bother getting a BT keyboard as the Transformer keybo will give you a total (with your tablet battery) of 18hrs approx battery life, protection for the screen when folded, a full sized SD card slot and adjustable viewing angles. I'd have a Transformer myself but 2 bad quality issues in a row swayed me from trying a 3rd. The bezel and glass was seperating on the 1st one and the back didn't fit right on the 2nd one I received.

Using a Motorola Xoom atm and so far, its the best tablet I've used. It updated to the latest Honeycomb version as soon as I logged in and the build quality is excellent.