• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Asus email widget & Gmail

critcher

Feb 8, 2012
When I got the Prime I remember that it had 2 email apps - "Email" and "Gmail". The Asus email widget would display how many emails there were, as its supposed to.

Now the widget always reports zero mails, and I don't seem to have the "Email" app anymore. I don't remember uninstalling it. Don't know what happened!

Anyone know how to get the widget working again? I'm guessing that the widget is linked to the "Email" app but not "Gmail".

Just checked - it's the same with the MyZine widget - displays no mail and tapping mail does nothing. :thinking:

I've had a look. There is "Asus Email" in settings>apps>all, showing as 0.00b. It doesn't appear in the app drawer and I have no way of launching it.

I think I'll just mosey on down to the market and find a new widget. One with options that you can configure.

Thanks for your help Jay!

Upvote 0
Thats ok critcher. The app you would need to find is actually called EMAIL.

I would head over to the XDA forums, sure someone could point you in the right direction. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-21-19-10-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-21-19-10-06.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
When I got the Prime I remember that it had 2 email apps - "Email" and "Gmail". The Asus email widget would display how many emails there were, as its supposed to.

Now the widget always reports zero mails, and I don't seem to have the "Email" app anymore. I don't remember uninstalling it. Don't know what happened!

Anyone know how to get the widget working again? I'm guessing that the widget is linked to the "Email" app but not "Gmail".

Just checked - it's the same with the MyZine widget - displays no mail and tapping mail does nothing. :thinking:

Just a thought but when was the last time you rebooted your tablet? When my tablet starts to act all wonkey a reboot makes things all better. I normally forget to reboot and it goes like 4 days lol.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
The stock email app can be a little wonky, and I've noticed that all widgets fail to update at times. I use Enhanced Email, which isn't free, but I got it for $0.49 during the sale introducing Google Play, IIRC. I find it works much better and more reliably. I don't use a widget for it, although they're available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones