• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ASUS has a fix for Wi-Fi !! Now how do we get it? LOL

Reply from ASUS:

Thank you for contacting ASUS and providing your feedback. In the meantime there's no alternative casing or back plate available for this model at this time, I do apologize for your inconvenience. Please contact us at 888-678-3688 if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Aaron L
ASUS Product Support Team

---------- Original Message ----------
Sent : 1/27/2012 10:25:12 AM
To : "tsd@asus.com.tw"
Subject : <TSD> Satisfaction-USA(EN): GPS

[CASEID=WTM20120127181116537]

Apply date : 1/27/2012 10:11:01 AM(UTC Time)
[Basic Information]
* Full Name:
* E-mail:mad:msn.com
Phone Number:
* Country / Region:United States
[Product Information]
Product Type:Eee Family
Product Model:Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201
Product S/N:
[Customer Comments]
* Subject:GPS
* Topic:3.Others;
* Description:
Hi ASUS,
Is it true you are shipping new Transformer Primes TF201 with a new back plate to
allow for GPS use?
If this is true how do I determine which model is the newest updated version?
Thanks

Upvote 0
+1

I have an Acer Iconia 500 that I wanted to replace it with Prime, but all week I couldn't get the Prime to down/up to match the 500. I can't even get the Prime to down HALF of the speed of the Iconia (which has it's own wifi problems). Ugh.

I had two A500s and returned both due to weak wifi reception. If the Prime is worse than the A500, that is rough.

No suspect, but that almost seems impossible, since you can not get much worse than the A500

Upvote 0
I had two A500s and returned both due to weak wifi reception. If the Prime is worse than the A500, that is rough.

No suspect, but that almost seems impossible, since you can not get much worse than the A500

I am running a custom ROM which helped my data up and down on the A500 but the issue of range (not long) is the biggest issue with the A500. I don't look at signal strength in the way of bars, but if range and connectivity (as well as throughput) are what have my sighing on the A500. The Prime is just nice in so many ways, but sacrificing an upgrade in processor to get less connection range and slower speeds doesn't make sense to me even though I have been trying to.

The other thing I see people talking about is buying a different router, extenders, etc to make up the difference. I kind I'd get that but WHO only uses their tablet at home? What's the point of spending extra money on equipment when you can't control the "power" on the road? Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0
Hey guys I would suggest trying adding an additional wireless access point to your home network if it is convenient to do so. I know its not the best solution but for me at least it was cheap and means I can get perfect wifi in my room now.

I have had a powerline adapter taking the internet from my router downstairs to my room for a while and I simply added an

Upvote 0
I don't think it is the aluminum backplate as some suggest causing WiFi complaints. If it were, the signal issue would be consistent across Prime's, not the hit-and-miss issues that we seem to see, since that is design.

As for my Prime, I just switched ISP's, due to my prior service being unable to fix continual TV picture freezes and pixelation. My internet package is 12mbs now, up from 6mbs. I average about 16-18mbs steady, so can't gripe about that. My Epic 4G Touch is maybe 1mbs faster on average, than my Prime. My upload speeds have gone from just less than 1mbs to almost 6mbs, which is just that my new ISP isn't throttling my upload speeds like the old one was.

My biggest test was staying out a hotel over this past weekend. The room had wireless access. I had no connection issues, and was even able to stream a movie on Netflix. That impressed me, since hotel internet isn't the speediest to begin with. I guess I'm lucky, but my Prime is nearly flawless.

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
Just got my brand new Asus TF300TB1 off the charger. Sitting right on top of my router, signal level is poor to none. Also don't see the other 5 or so networks within range of my other devices. Reading the posts, I see I'm not the only unhappy camper. I'm into pinching the frame of anything to get it to operate properly. I'm on my way back to the retailer.

Upvote 0
Just got my brand new Asus TF300TB1 off the charger. Sitting right on top of my router, signal level is poor to none. Also don't see the other 5 or so networks within range of my other devices. Reading the posts, I see I'm not the only unhappy camper. I'm into pinching the frame of anything to get it to operate properly. I'm on my way back to the retailer.

The tf300 has a plastic back, not aluminium like the Prime, and has no inherent problems with Wifi or GPS. As the previous poster says yours must be faulty. The wifi and GPS works fine with my tf300.

Upvote 0
I got an rma to send it back for repairs.

I thought of adding another router but what happens when I take it somewhere. Like Italy, we went in March and I had to sit in the router room to be able to use it. What a frikin nightmare, I couldn't even use it in my room for planning our trips or reading email or watching movies. In fact this lady asked me to turn the volume down while I was watching a movie although the volume was low (another con) the high ceilings and cement walls echo.

what a piece of junk, I hope they can fix it. If not I'm going to complain to the BBB and see if I can get my money back. 500 dollar cutting board geeez

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones