• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ASUS MeMO Pad Question

hjterry

Apr 19, 2016
Hi all,

I recently updated my ASUS MeMO Pad 7 K01A (ME70C) to Android Lollipop, and I immediately regreted it. It is painfully slow, the animations are extremely choppy, battery life was cut in half, the new lock screen is dreadful, and I miss the old notifications center.

When I updated to L, the bootloader was updated as well, and now I don't know how to downgrade to 4.4 KitKat. I've tried ADB, Fastboot, and Recovery, all of them failed. I don't know what the bootloader is called, because the version in 'Unknown' for some reason.

I tried to flash the KitKat image with recovery, (built into the bootloader), but when it's halfway done it says 'Error!' and then reboots.

The device is not rooted, nor have I messed with any system files... Someone please help. I'm sick of this crap Android L has given me.

Thank you for your help. [emoji4]

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones