• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ASUS TABLET P00I (CGH017984) zenpad

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
i got his zenpad off ebay and they said it was unocked well it is google locked to the last user. it comes up with their phone number. so is there a way to get past this? i know some phones have a way to get past that lockout and maybe this one does as well. but before i go thru a bunch of procedures i figure there may be a tech handy that knows how to get past this issue. i did contact the ebay seller but i figure they may not know how to do this or will not care being they're a pawn shop business. i may have to send it back but before i do if i can get it unlocked i will just keep it as it is a nice tablet.
thanks.

i got his zenpad off ebay and they said it was unocked well it is google locked to the last user. it comes up with their phone number. so is there a way to get past this? i know some phones have a way to get past that lockout and maybe this one does as well. but before i go thru a bunch of procedures i figure there may be a tech handy that knows how to get past this issue. i did contact the ebay seller but i figure they may not know how to do this or will not care being they're a pawn shop business. i may have to send it back but before i do if i can get it unlocked i will just keep it as it is a nice tablet.
thanks.
google locked to the last user? do you mean that FRP (factory reset protection) has been tripped? if it has been tripped then you need the info of the account that was used to sign in originally. if this is not what you mean, then can you explain how google locked the device?

if this is what you mean, then bypassing FRP unfortunately is frowned upon here in AndroidForums. this is why i never buy used devices. there is always a risk of something like this happening.

Upvote 0
google locked to the last user? do you mean that FRP (factory reset protection) has been tripped? if it has been tripped then you need the info of the account that was used to sign in originally. if this is not what you mean, then can you explain how google locked the device?

if this is what you mean, then bypassing FRP unfortunately is frowned upon here in AndroidForums. this is why i never buy used devices. there is always a risk of something like this happening.
Google locks your device with frp if you factory reset.using the systems stock recovery, if it has tripped you will need the email or password to that specific google account in order to continue if you cannot obtain the info nor unlock it, you basically have a paper weight. However ive seen repair shops have software that bypasses frp and rest frp to a none tripped state.

However though i dont personally frown the OP for this but this happens to alot of people especially those who get scammed intensely. @corvairbob i recommend sending the tablet back, i recommend using swappa ive used them and phones are used but genuine and will have no issues out of the box

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yes it has the previous ownes account on it. i asked the seller if it was able to be set up to my account because i know if it was stolen and he or i did a reset that it would become locked. he said it was not locked. now maybe he figured when he reset it that is was a clean device. so there is a way to get past this frp lockout and i was hoping someone here had the procedure to do that. o maybe someone will stop in and help out.

i have got lots of devices from ebay without issues. it cost me 15$ so if i got scammed i did not get hit bad. but the seller has returns so at the worse i will send it back and get a refund.

thanks

Reactions: GamerROMInc
Upvote 0
The simplest way would be to get the seller to tell you their login credentials (they can always change their password once you have unlocked it). It was their mistake to not remove their account from the device before resetting it, which is what has caused this problem.

I don't know this device, but where bugs exist that allow FRP to be bypassed they are generally fixed once the manufacturer discovers them (because, let's face it, an anti-theft measure that a thief could bypass by following a YouTube video would not be much use). Hence recipes for doing this tend to work only for particular models running particular software versions, and that would be my first guess at why they aren't working for you.

Upvote 0
that is what i figure also. and i fully understand. after all if i lost my phone i would not want someone to just be able to use it. i will mess with it for a bit and if it fails to recover then i will send it back or slap the sell with neg feedback and then let ebay refund my money. i got it from a pawn shop listing and more than likely they did the normal reset and that locked it up. they should know but because this has a phone number in it they left the sim card in it the seller may be able to contact the other owner and help out,.
thanks.

Upvote 0
yep so for all i know either the owner needed some money or it got stolen and hocked and then the shop sold it at the end of the holding time frame. i'm not having much luck so i contacted the seller if they do nto get back to me soon i will open a return case and give neg feedback. thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones