• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ASUS TF700T dock keyboard decides system language - aaargh !

pacman10

May 5, 2010
On the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T it is not possible to change the user language to one other than that of the keyboard dock. This is most annoying for me.

I have a Swiss-German keyboard dock so as to have the wide range of accents that I use for my work. I want the system menus and app menus to be in English, something which is perfectly easy to set on a conventional computer where the keyboard and language region are set separately. However, if I use the Swiss-German dock with my ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T it switches all the system and app menus to German and, as far as I can see, there is no way to get round this. One can change the Language under Settings but that simply makes the keyboard on the dock unusable because the language in Settings no longer matches the language of the keyboard.

This is something that ASUS really needs to sort out. It can't be rocket science to correct it. A laptop half the price of the ASUS and running Windows can do it and could do it in 1995.

I see that no one has answerd this question, and it might not be for the pros, but there must be some form of interest since over 200 persons viewed this post. What I am trying to say, is that i hope someone can answer this question.
xo
from Lula who has always been using a mac. Untill now. Please help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones