1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

asus trouble

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by wjmb45, Aug 20, 2017.

1. wjmb45

wjmb45 Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2017
    i have an asus 10.1 tablet model no. ko10 wefound it in box last month we packed it away when we moved didn`t pay much attention a few month ago my wife found it, so i tried to start it up, it worked fine i thought, kept trying to hook to wi fi, no luck whichthen i remembered we had a different server localphone co. now we have comcast the other phones work ok on it not asus, so i took it down to office max to c if my buddy could help bingo it fired up and connected to there wifi he showed me what he did so went home tried it , it showed other wifi carriers but not comcast, even tho it did show two xfinities then it went blank, so i tried reboot no soap then i did factory reset if it was looking for former server shouldn`t be in their, so what i`m thinking is could be something inside of tablet isn`t connecting or the wifi has something wrong OH!BY THE WAY I1M TYPING THIS FROM ANOTHER TABLET!!!. last but not least i did sys. update it has beenalways kit kat 4.4.2 so i thinking it`s old news, but it say up to date, i would like to fixit but not sure if sys. is out of date,                         best regards

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    So after a factory reset, and an update (which was downloaded how?) you still cannot connect to your wifi?

3. wjmb45

wjmb45 Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2017
    yes download was thru wifi didn`t seem to anything, when the guy at office max hooked to his wifi it started to download i think i didn`t see it he said to slide down screen from top which i did clicked i gear so im thinking itstarted at store when i got home it was 98% down it was doing nothing so when it finished it was updated to 4.4.2 which beginning to think is old school       on different tablet i downloaded  wifi   tester to see if there was a problem its strong ,so what im thing is if their is a receiver inside tablet not working, or tablet is to old just junk it.