• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Asus Zenfone 2 audio software issue?

ZaneBurden

Lurker
Jun 23, 2016
Recently I've been having trouble with my Zenfone 2 (Android 5.0), which began with it periodically kicking out my SD card. I did a backup and reset (did not resolve that problem), and not long after, I lost the in-app use of my microphone. Meaning, voice recording, video recording, Snapchat, Google Now and any other application which uses the microphone plays back with a loud, buzzing "radio tuning" sound rather than recorded audio. Audio in voice calls is perfectly normal, and I ran a hardware check which showed that the smaller top microphone (BoardMic 2) works fine, however the regular BoardMic test returned the same loud sound. Did another hard reset, problem remains, and is driving me crazy. Can anybody help with this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones