1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Asus Zenfone 2 keyboard malfunction

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by urancore, Dec 11, 2018.

1. urancore

urancore Lurker

Hi,
    so far I've had several problems with my zenfone in the last year I own it. The newest one is the keyboard. The lower half of the keyboard doesn't react correctly to the touch, it doubles the letters, types neighbouring ones or doesn't respond at all. It also applies to the shift, delete and enter key button. Interestingly enough, I just found out that it does work okay when the phone is rotated.
    The touch screen works normally.
    Any idea how to solve this? Honestly, this is probably the last straw for me with this phone anyway.
    Thanks!:)

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Have you tried a different keyboard from the play store? Any number of one can be used, not just the stock keyboard that came with the phone...

3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Yes try Gboard.

Been happy with the stock keyboard on my LG for years, but an update killed it. Switched to Gboard and never look back.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

SwiftKey keyboard for me...

5. urancore

urancore Lurker

Nope, changing keyboards didn't work. The touch screen now seems to be affected, too, so I'm leaving my first thought that the keyboard is doing this.

6. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Does it work better in landscape mode?

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Dannydet and lvt like this.
  8. urancore

urancore Lurker

Thank you, didn't know anything like this existed. It indeed shows a fault in the lower part of the screen.

ASUS ZenFone 2 Forum

The ASUS ZenFone 2 release date was March 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/4GB RAM, Intel Atom Z3580 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2015
Release Date
Reviews