• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asus ZenPad10 Setup Wizard crashing after factory reset

Mikabella

Lurker
Feb 11, 2020
I just did a factory reset on my Asus Zenpad 10. The tablet restarted, and then opened the Setup wizard. I selected my input language, and then was taken to the next screen to select a wifi connection. I connect to my wifi network and selected "next", and I receive an error message indicating that the setup wizard app has stopped and needs to restart. Then the first page of the setup wizard opened again (selecting the input language). I have gone through this cycle nearly a dozen times (trying to turn off wifi, selecting a different wifi network, changing the input language, etc) and every time the setup wizard crashes after the wifi selection page.

I tried doing another factory reset (this time a hard reset using the volume&power buttons, since I can't get past the Setup Wizard). The tablet restarted again but I'm still facing the same problem with the Setup Wizard. :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have a similar problem on my Asus zenpad 10 z301mf. In my case, the setup wizard "keeps stopping" and I can't sign in. I tried to flash the firmware again but cannot boot in recovery mode since the tablet is locked. Tried using hardreset.info and android 7.1.2 to unlock, but not successful because I couldn't complete the final steps which use the setup wizard - which always stops ... Aaah!! Using the Settings on android 7.1.2, cannot enable USB debugging ("developer options are not available for this user"), so can't use adb. Looks like I'm stuffed but I hope someone can prove me wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones