1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General At a Loss

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cmichael258, Dec 9, 2014.

1. cmichael258

cmichael258 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Male
    Social Services
    St. Pete Florida
    I am trying to root my Virgin Mobile S5 and followed all of the CF-Auto-Root procedures with the
    CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.zip. The ID:COM box lights up, It goes through the process and the and the top left box stops at RESET (never PASS), the screen on the phone flashes and then shows the following:

RECOVERY BOOTING
    RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
    SET WARRANTY BIT: recovery

Tried several times with the same result. When I try to boot or boot into recovery, it goes to the above screen message. Fortunately, I can still boot into download so all isn't lost. I also tried pulling the battery to no avail. I have rooted my S3 and installed ROMs so I'm at a loss.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Also - Auto Reboot and F Reset boxes are checked, Re-Partition is unchecked. I also tried it with Auto Reboot unchecked...no luck

UPDATE - I ran Odin to flash Philz Recovery and received a "Pass", then it rebooted and is running normally. I then turned it off and tried to boot in to Recovery. Got the red triangle on the dead Android with the stock Recovery options, so Philz didn't flash....weird. Leaving well enough for now since it's working and the Odin method to root wouldn't work.

Update #Deux.... I tried a different method and it worked. I downloaded and installed Philz 6.26.tar and SuperU 1.94 zip on my SD card/booted in to download/plugged in phone/ran Odin 3v 1.85 (unchecked Auto Reboot)/flashed the Philz tar/unplugged phone/booted in to Philz Recovery/flashed SuperU 1.94/rebooted/ ran root checker -ROOTED.

Advertisement

#1 cmichael258, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.