1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support AT&T 2.1 update issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rebel.c, Jun 1, 2011.

1. rebel.c

rebel.c Newbie
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    OK I updated to 2.1 on the AT&T network, now everytime my phone goes into standby( screen goes blank or off) when I press the home key I get a message in the notification bar that I have no sim card and no network signal. Also I can not send or recieve text messages, battery life is terrible it doesn't last a day and I do not have anything installed except what I had on 1.6, I have turned down the screen brightness. The only good thing I can see about this update on AT&T is that the screen has much more detail. So far I have not found a solution to any of the problems I am having. Is anyone else having any of these problems?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa

Check your MMS settings first and make sure they are set. That would cause problems with it not being able to send some txts

As for the No SIM Card....are you using any sort of Task Manager? If so, it could be ending task on an important app.

My phone has sid that No SIM card before and it is usually when I lose connection to my cell provider. But when I reconnect the message doesn't disappear until I actually unlock the phone.

I have had it say No SIM card and have tried to call my number on a landline and it rings and answers no problem.

Have you tried to call your phone when it has that message saying that you have no SIM?

It could also be giving you that message because MMS isn't working....if that is the case.

3. rebel.c

rebel.c Newbie
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    Sorry I forgot to list that I had checked the network MMS settings and they are correct. It is hit or miss on recieving calls.

4. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Is it a brand new SIM card or a used one?

Does the SIM card fit really snugly in the phone or is there a little play? If there is a little play you might want to put a little tape on the back of it...or a little piece of paper to make sure the contacts stay connected.

In Settings->Wireless Network->Mobile Network

Network Mode should be WCDMA prefered
    Under Access Point Name there should just be one with a radio button beside it.
    Under Network Operators, under Search Mode it should be on Select Automatically

Does it see your cell provider? And does it have a checkmark beside it?

Back in Settings->Location and Security
    Use Wireless networks should be checked
    Setup SIM Card lock...does it show it is locked? There should be no checkmark beside lock SIM

If it isn't a hardware problem it is a software problem.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to reinstall 2.1 clean and see if the phone works stock.

I highly suggest installing SEUS from Sony's website and reinstall the 2.1 software (I don't trust PC Companion) I would highly suggest a reflash to 2.1. If the problem persists, maybe look at trying another SIM card.

rebel.c likes this.
  5. Fahrenheit 451

None

Sep 23, 2010
    Southern California
    I installed via Sony, and have had no issues. Works beautifully for me. I had not done any rooting previously and updated stock X10s as purchased from AT&T (both my wife and I have the same X10). Very happy with the update, at least for now. :cool:

6. rebel.c

rebel.c Newbie
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    My phone is now a POS it has been unusable for 2 days. If not fixed tonight it is going to visit a hammer and then go to best buy and get it replaced with one that is on 1.6. 2.1 from AT&T is crap.

7. Fahrenheit 451

None

Sep 23, 2010
    Southern California
    rebel.c,

SIM cards do go bad. You can visit and AT&T store and they will replace you SIM card for free. I had a SIM card from eons ago and had to have it replaced at it would not recognize the newer phones properly. How old is the SIM card in your X10? I'd still go to an AT&T store and swap out the card for a new one.

beau420 likes this.
  8. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Good idea...and/or reflash again using SEUS.

9. rebel.c

rebel.c Newbie
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    Got a new phone that is still running 1.6 and it works as it should. I am still using the original sim card from the phone that was updated to 2.1. So SIM card was not bad just crappy ATT software.