1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[AT&T] 4.3 update is now rolling out to AT&T GN2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Peaches037, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Peaches037

Peaches037 Well-Known Member

Did anyone get their update yet? If so how do you like it so far?
    :D:thumbup::D
    Peaches Galaxy Note III

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cbjax

cbjax Lurker

Just did a get updates from AT&T.
    And got the update to 4.3.
    We'll see how it goes as the apps update.
    So far so good.
    Battery life seems to have suffered just feels like not as good.
    And home button doesn't seem to respond as it used to.

3. Obama_sux

Obama_sux Lurker

Why did they get rid of the hide/show hidden app feature!?!?!?!? Anyone know how to hide apps? What they replaced it with was disable/uninstall feature it seems. Which does help.

4. Wangta

Wangta Well-Known Member

Guys - it's Feb 10th 2014 and I just tried to do an update - and it says I have the latest version - i have 4.1.2.

What the heck?/

5. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

OTA's go out in waves. They can't roll these out to everyone at one time. You'll get it soon.

6. Wangta

Wangta Well-Known Member

Yeah I get that, but people started getting in Dec...it's no Feb. It shouldn't take that long to implement. It never has before...

7. Wangta

Wangta Well-Known Member

Still waiting for this - tried checking for an update today but nothing, again. Am I the only one without 4.2?

8. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I was going to recommend to do it manually over Kies but I don't see it on SamMobile yet. Sorry can't be of much help. I root my phones and never update via OTA

Wangta likes this.
  9. Wangta

Wangta Well-Known Member

Thanks tube. Guess I'll just have to wait.

10. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Still didn't get it? That sucks.

At least Kitkat is coming soon.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I have 4.3 and hate it. Hate it hate it hate it.

My lovely Note 2 went from silky smooth and great, stable performance to an unstable, laggy POS.

Am seriously wondering if I can "root" it and put it back to whatever it was before?

12. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I'd root it :D. You can get a smoother stock 4.3 ROM.

Or flash a 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM (no Samsung bloat/Touchwiz)

Or wait for the official OTA/4.4.2 TW/Kitkat that should be coming soon

13. SCChick

SCChick Lurker

Just got mine today. It updated to 4.4.2. Haven't seen anything different except beats audio was added and the status bar is now transparent. I wish we would have gotten air command like the note 3 has.

Attached Files:

14. oldmick

oldmick Lurker

I
    Had my 4.3 update a couple of
    Months ago, i also found the phone had changed somewhat to how I had grown accustomed to,
    I was also initially unhappy with the changes, but after going through all of the settings on the phone, I found quite a few settings that had been reset to factory default as if new.
    After a bit of tuning up so too speak, I am now very happy with my magnificent note two again.
    So on that note (excuse the pun) , after any future updates I would be having a bit of a look at the phone settings, and thatwould be for any brand of phone after an update.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews