1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AT&T Android Advice

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mgoblueno1, Sep 2, 2011.

1. mgoblueno1

mgoblueno1 Member

I currently have a blackberry 9000 (a friend gave it to me) and I am looking at making the switch to android. I was wondering what your advice for a new phone would be. The GS2 looks really nice, but Im tempted to wait for the HTC Holiday (because of the LTE), except I found the Samsung Infuse to be too big. Any advice would be appreciated. (By the way I live in Milwaukee so i dont know when we will have lte). Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. starxpilot

starxpilot Android Enthusiast

Before you upgrade, I'd really check to see what coverage you have in that area, you don't want to take your wallet out until you know the price is right.

After you know what's available in your area, then you can start seeing your options. You wouldn't want a 4G phone running on 3G or worse.

4G Speed from AT&T - AT&T 4G with HSPA+ and LTE - Wireless from AT&T I think that will help. Since you're in WI, the deals are different than the ones I get. *And the site's acting up, not letting me see other state's deals..*

Oh and welcome to AndroidForums! [​IMG]

3. mgoblueno1

mgoblueno1 Member

I live an area with the 3G+, but I have no idea if the Milwaukee area will ever get LTE. So is it worth waiting for an LTE phone if I dont even know if I will get LTE?

4. WhoMe?

WhoMe? Newbie

I traded my Iphone 3GS in at Radio Shack and got $99.02 for it and bought an HTC Inspire4G with an Otterbox defender case and still got a $14.02 gift card back. So far this Inspire has been the *Cat's A$$* I'm passing on the Gingerbread upgrade until all postings about it are positive. It does have a 4.3 inch screen, which I live but may be too big for you. The only real downside is the sound quality. Although there may be an App for that. The other upside is there are a TON of mods for this phone.

5. mgoblueno1

mgoblueno1 Member

I was really thinking about getting it when it came out, but now that Ive waited so long its really down to GS2 or HTC Holiday