1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[AT&T] APN settings blank can't add new APN

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BluemaxxMike, Oct 19, 2014.

1. BluemaxxMike

BluemaxxMike Lurker

Just flashed Liquid Smooth ROM 3.2 and GAPPS 4.4.4 Boots up fine, added my WiFi during initial setup. But I can't configure an APN. List is blank and after creating a new one, hitting save exits the options screen and list is still blank. Any thoughts?
    I cleared/wiped data immediately after flash before reboot and the Dalvik cache as well. I used TWRP 2.8.0.1 recovery and Mobile ODIN to get the recovery in.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BluemaxxMike

BluemaxxMike Lurker

3. BluemaxxMike

BluemaxxMike Lurker

Root access not the problem. I'll flash different ROM. I'd still like to test drive Liquid Smooth so I could use any tips on this APN setting issue if anyone has a thought.

4. BluemaxxMike

BluemaxxMike Lurker

Must be a bug with Liquid Smooth. Reflashed, same issue. Flashed Spirit ROM and had no problem setting APN options. I'll try to locate the Liquid Smooth developers forum and leave a bug report.

5. Archuriel

Archuriel Lurker

I know this may sound ridiculous but I once spent 2 hours trying to get my apn settings to save and found out the whole time my sim card was not making a good enough connection and therefore my s3 would not save the apn settings. Fixed the connection issue and it was fine.

6. Cincy Dad

Cincy Dad Newbie

It's a bug with version 3.2. I had it, reflashed a few times to no avail. Same problem as OP. Downgraded to 3.1 and all my APN settings appeared.

7. Grouch

Grouch Newbie

Thanks. Downgraded to 3.1 and got APNs back.

My APN was blank and would not add anything.
    T-Mobile would connect, phone worked fine, just no data.
    Some tools would throw no sim errors, like Offline SIM APN Database, which was basically true on the networking side.

3.2 is only a milestone http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Milestone/S3_Unified/
    3.1 is an official release: http://www.drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Official/

I think 3.2 is not on the official release for a reason :)

8. Felixx

Felixx Lurker

Hey Grouch
    how did you downgrade your liquidsmooth. i have the same problem with the apn and my current version is 3.2. im not sure how to do this

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews