1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[AT&T] AT&T Galaxy S4 4.3 Root Recovery Mode?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bchmy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Bchmy

Bchmy Lurker

Hello, I'm new to the site and just got an S4. I have rooted it on 4.3 (MK2) and was wondering how to get recovery mode for custom roms. I've tried TWRP and CWM without success. Is there any way to get a recovery mode for I337 on 4.3?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. snaprp

snaprp Lurker

Dude, I`m on the same page. Did you find recovery that is working somewhere?

3. chevyman00069

chevyman00069 Lurker

I've got the Galaxy S4 I337 also and haven't found a safe and reliable procedure to ROOT S4 which one and where did you locate the process to ROOT it at

4. chevyman00069

chevyman00069 Lurker

And I'm on AT&T running the MK2 update version also if u could help me out with some help and info I would great all remit a lot and THANKS in Advance.

5. snaprp

snaprp Lurker

6. Bchmy

Bchmy Lurker

That's the same situation I'm in

7. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

I am pretty sure you cannot install a standard aftermarket recovery like TWRP or CWM on the last 2 versions of the att galaxy s4. You can look into safestrap recovery, which I believe lets you install touchwiz based ROMs, but not AOSP based ROMs. I'm not 100% sure on that though because I luckily installed a custom recovery before it was removed

8. kctalk

kctalk Newbie

I used kingo android root..took like 5 minutes easiest root ever....4.3 mk2

9. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I have moved this thread to the AT&T S4 root forum. Hope this helps :)

Also @kctalk, have you read up on what kingo is doing? Apparently it is stealing some information from your after you root and constantly doing it :S

10. cameron65

cameron65 Lurker

I tried following these directions and it didn't do anything for me. I checked root access using Root Checker and came back negative. My phone:
    GS4
    Android 4.3
    Baseband i337UCUEMK2
    Kernal 3.4.0-1921628

Should the above work on my phone? I'm simply trying to get root so I can use appradio unchained.

11. DelphisDoofer

DelphisDoofer Lurker

I would use Kingo Android Root.. even worked fine for Android 4.3 (the AT&T MK2 update).

I too would love to learn about a method for installing a custom recovery. I miss nandroid backups.

12. DSz

DSz Lurker

kingoapp dot com worked on my sgh-i337 MK2

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews