1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[AT&T] AT&T GT-N7105 With Liquid Smooth 3.0 (GAPPS 4.4.4. zip problems)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rico ANDROID, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Android Expert

My t.e.d.6 (aka Galaxy Note 2 (I317, GT-N7105) has LiquidSmooth LS-KK-v3.1-2014-06-08 installed. Everything works fine but I cant locate a decent gapps 4.4.4 zip file. Everything I've found so far , I get a bad file error message when I try to unzip and install at recover mode boot up.

The rom suggests not to use any apps older than gapps 4.4.4 but I have reinstalled my earlier apps and these work fine. however, I want to avoid any potential problems later.

Can anyone post a link to a decent download to get Google apps 4.4.4 versions ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

You should not be unzipping the file.

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  3. Rico ANDROID

Ahhhh! so thats what all those AndroidForums Ulgrade messages were all about!!!! Nice! Will have to do a virtual walk-thru!

Thanks @Tuber. When I said "unzipped" its the install process executed on the device when in flash mode. not a manual 'unzipping'. When the rom has been flashed and the process begin installing the gapps zipped files, errors occured stating that it encountered a "bad zipped file".

But I have since then updated the rom to the following and the latest gapps zip file

tube517 likes this.
  4. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Ah ok. So, did you reflash both successfully? I didn't know you had a Note 2 but I haven't been on AF in a long time lol

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  5. Rico ANDROID

Happy to report that the second version 3.2 flashed perfectly and the gapps file for 4.4.4 loaded without a prob. But I am noticing my camera app seem to drop as if its incompatible. Luckily i have a protected backup copy of a version of the camera apk that works.

[​IMG]

tube517 likes this.
  6. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Yeah, the cameras are funny in the AOSP ROMs. I'm using the Google Camera from the playstore instead of the camera that came w/the ROM. I'm on Dirty Unicorn v8.2 (Kitkat 4.4.4)

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  7. Rico ANDROID

I will have to give that camera a try. It must be the 4.4.4 and stock cam incompatibility. I had luckily saved a protected backup of the stock apk that seem to work, but i hate knowing anyday it might crap-out and im stuck with no cam/recorder app. Can you post the google cam link from the store?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews