• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Buying DirectTV

Yesterday AT&T made an offer to buy Direct TV for $48.5 billion:

AT&T plans to pay $48.5 billion to buy DirecTV, the top U.S. satellite TV operator, in a bid for growth beyond an increasingly competitive cellular market.
The deal, announced on Sunday, comes as Comcast Corp awaits regulatory approval of its $45 billion bid for Time Warner Cable Inc, a transaction that has the potential to transform the television landscape by creating a new cable and broadband Internet powerhouse.
AT&T said it is offering $95 per DirecTV share in a combination of stock and cash, a 10 percent premium over Friday's closing price of $86.18. The cash portion, $28.50 per share, will be financed by cash, asset sales, financing already lined up and other "opportunistic debt market transactions."

Full article.

Upvote 0
They say this buy would improve the data for at&t cause the bandwidth would be over satellite . so I think at&t and cricket and a few other carriers that support at&t bands would have a faster 4g so looks like gsm would have a plus on one end. I think T-Mobile may have to see the door hit them in the a*s when I drop them cause these prices are killing the pockets. :what::D. And I feel sorry for Netflix . hmmmmmm watch look and learn as this makes a fool of them.:eek:

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/mo...ce-unique-scrutiny-from-fcc-and-dept-justice/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones