• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Can anybody help me root this thing?

windsorclarenc

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2011
Windham, OH
I'm trying to root this HTC One X for someone. It's on baseband 3.18. The hboot is version 2.14. I'm using Windows 8.1. I was trying to use the EZToolkit to do this. But my computer doesn't seem to recognize my phone in fastboot. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers at least 20 times with drivers from different sources on two different laptops. I've tried installing HTC Sync Manager. Nothing helps my computer recognize this phone in fastboot.

I know I have to change the CID to 11111111 so I can use the HTCDev site to unlock the bootloader. If my computer would recognize the phone I know how to do those things. Then installing a recovery and a new ROM (or su binaries) would be no problem.

The EZToolkit is able to make the phone boot into bootlader, but then it hangs. And says waiting for device. PLEASE somebody help me! This phone is driving me nuts. The Evo LTE and GS4 werent nearly as much of a pain to root.

I'm trying to root this HTC One X for someone. It's on baseband 3.18. The hboot is version 2.14. I'm using Windows 8.1. I was trying to use the EZToolkit to do this. But my computer doesn't seem to recognize my phone in fastboot. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers at least 20 times with drivers from different sources on two different laptops. I've tried installing HTC Sync Manager. Nothing helps my computer recognize this phone in fastboot.

I know I have to change the CID to 11111111 so I can use the HTCDev site to unlock the bootloader. If my computer would recognize the phone I know how to do those things. Then installing a recovery and a new ROM (or su binaries) would be no problem.

The EZToolkit is able to make the phone boot into bootlader, but then it hangs. And says waiting for device. PLEASE somebody help me! This phone is driving me nuts. The Evo LTE and GS4 werent nearly as much of a pain to root.

I find it quite odd that people don't email me for their questions or if they are stuck. I don't post much here, mostly on AndroidCentral unfortunately. If you need assistance with the toolkit, please email me at wizzrah@outlook.com. Also a newer version is coming out.

-Wizzrah, creator of EZToolkit.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
I assumed you get too many people emailing you. I didn't want to be another person bugging you. But I tried this again on a Windows 8 desktop computer instead and it worked flawlessly. I did some research and found out Windows 8.1 has some issue with fastboot drivers. It's not a problem with your toolkit at all Thanks for making that awesome toolkit! It took no time at all with Windows 8 and I didn't have to type tons of commands in command prompt too.

Upvote 0
I assumed you get too many people emailing you. I didn't want to be another person bugging you. But I tried this again on a Windows 8 desktop computer instead and it worked flawlessly. I did some research and found out Windows 8.1 has some issue with fastboot drivers. It's not a problem with your toolkit at all Thanks for making that awesome toolkit! It took no time at all with Windows 8 and I didn't have to type tons of commands in command prompt too.

Ah, alright then.

Upvote 0

Once you've unlocked and have supercid,s off is fairly easy using facepalm. I'd recomend to make the phone s off for your friend,it has many advantages that will make his root experience more pleasant,not the least of wich is the ability to make the phone 100% out of the box stock if needed for legitimate warranty claims.

Holler if you have further questions :)

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Once you've unlocked and have supercid,s off is fairly easy using facepalm. I'd recomend to make the phone s off for your friend,it has many advantages that will make his root experience more pleasant,not the least of wich is the ability to make the phone 100% out of the box stock if needed for legitimate warranty claims.

Holler if you have further questions :)

S-OFF isn't required, but I don't tell people that :)

If they are going to be flashing ROMs, then I believe they should get S OFF because it makes things so much easier...

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones