• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] desperately need help - at&t htc one x stuck

hi everyone, i sure hope someone can help. i have an at&t htc one x, unlocked bootloader, rooted. I tried to flash viperX today and ever since I am stuck at the "htc quietly brilliant" screen with red disclaimer. I can get to the bootloader but recovery, factory reset, etc. do not work. I have tried restoring a nandroid backup to no avail, and no RUU is working. I just want to reset everything back to square one or just get any kind of rom on here that will make my phone usable. because as of now its worthless and i dont know what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much in advance everyone...

The RUU was my savior a couple of weeks back.

Check out post #5 for a link to the right RUU.

http://androidforums.com/t-one-xl-all-things-root/642808-need-some-help.html

Also, make sure that you run the fastboot command to re-lock your bootloader before using the RUU or it will not work.

That will put everything back to stock. You will then have to re-unlock your bootloader again using HTCdev. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones