• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

At&t disappoints again

mobil3gen

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2010
Clarkston, WA
sarahlmorrow.com
Not sure all who read/heard about the Motorola Backflip, but most of us knew that Yahoo was going to be the main search engine for the phone, well apparently At&t has closed off the ability to install non-market content, making customers go through a bunch of ropes to get anything --- So sad about this, I have plenty of friends on At&t that were so excited about getting Android, and unfortunately with this information most are reluctant to purchase now - which I totally agree with, just too bad they are stuck in contract. Read more here

Also keep in mind that a lot of people just don't care about this. They're looking for a good solid device that's functional and let's them enjoy the experience that Android can provide. They don't know - or even care - that there are apps outside of the market.

Myself, I wouldn't want one as I'm a phone geek - my DROID makes me happy. But the Backflip is perfect for someone like my wife who just wants to text, place calls, go on Facebook once in a while and play some games on her phone.

Upvote 0
Also keep in mind that a lot of people just don't care about this. They're looking for a good solid device that's functional and let's them enjoy the experience that Android can provide. They don't know - or even care - that there are apps outside of the market.

Myself, I wouldn't want one as I'm a phone geek - my DROID makes me happy. But the Backflip is perfect for someone like my wife who just wants to text, place calls, go on Facebook once in a while and play some games on her phone.

Good point, I suppose if your just a beginner in the android world, the phone might be a good choice. I just wonder how the phone operates with all the extra stuff

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones