1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

At&t disappoints again

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mobil3gen, Mar 9, 2010.

1. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Android Enthusiast

Not sure all who read/heard about the Motorola Backflip, but most of us knew that Yahoo was going to be the main search engine for the phone, well apparently At&t has closed off the ability to install non-market content, making customers go through a bunch of ropes to get anything --- So sad about this, I have plenty of friends on At&t that were so excited about getting Android, and unfortunately with this information most are reluctant to purchase now - which I totally agree with, just too bad they are stuck in contract. Read more here

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. grainysand

grainysand Android Expert

Annnnd this, kids, is why you buy your phones unlocked.

3. mobil3gen

cheers to that!

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Extreme Android User

i think att is gonna sell a good amount of those phones anyway . there are alot out there that dont do research and buy blindly

5. mikelbeck

mikelbeck Member

Also keep in mind that a lot of people just don't care about this. They're looking for a good solid device that's functional and let's them enjoy the experience that Android can provide. They don't know - or even care - that there are apps outside of the market.

Myself, I wouldn't want one as I'm a phone geek - my DROID makes me happy. But the Backflip is perfect for someone like my wife who just wants to text, place calls, go on Facebook once in a while and play some games on her phone.

6. mobil3gen

Good point, I suppose if your just a beginner in the android world, the phone might be a good choice. I just wonder how the phone operates with all the extra stuff

7. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Member

Im sure backflip is similar to cliq but with some added features, does it come with 2.1 os??

8. mobil3gen

No - it comes with 1.5, but motorola said that it would support a 2.0 upgrade

9. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

I don't like how AT&T likes to do this exclusivity crap. Like the iPhone, and now they're doing the same thing with an Android device! I don't like their business sense and they would be my last choice of carriers because of it.

10. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

At&t's not the only carrier with exclusives. You'd run out of carriers to choose from if you only used those without exclusives.

So it's all moot anyway? :thinking: