• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T download problem

Mikenk

Aug 5, 2011
OK, I decided to give JB a try even though the phone works fine for me now. I am on Mac 10.6.8.

As I had never used Kies, I downloaded that and installed. Right away, I noticed that Android File Transfer didn't work anymore. OK, my plan now is to remove Kies after this update to get that back.

I did click the box for kies not to do an autoscan to seemingly find what it wanted to sync.

I then connected the GS3 via USB, it said it was connecting but never could. What am I doing wrong? I can't even get to trying the update.

Thanks for any help. The simple answer is to remove Kies from the mac and just stay on ICS.

Mike

try updating the phone via OTA and see instead of wasting time with kies.

I agree if I could, but as I understand, I am forced to use Kies to get JB. Is there another way? I will gladly do that as I want no part of Kies as it appears to be amazingly obtrusive.

Please, don't suggest rooting - I am not knowledgeable enough nor do I want to go that route.

Mike

Upvote 0
Continuing saga: I tried again, and it seemed to connect even though I had a pop up box that it didn't; I was able to supposedly back up my contacts just to do something that shouldn't screw up.

Then it had a firmware status that said:
Current firmware version: PDA:LH9 / Phone: LH9 / CSC:LHP (ATT)

What is that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones