1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [AT&T] Emergency Help Needed! Need to Unroot!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ethanflux, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Ethanflux

Ethanflux Newbie

I am needing to unroot my phone immediately. I have to send my phone back to AT&T for a warranty issue and I just received my replacement today. I went to plug my USB cable into my computer and then into my phone but neither the computer recognizes the phone, nor the phone recognizes the computer. It is just charging the phone when plugged into the computer. Your help is extremely needed and appreciated.:thinking:

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Ar you using the same usb cable that you used to root it?

3. Ethanflux

Ethanflux Newbie

Absolutely, and it works fine with the new Galaxy S3 that I just got in.

4. MotoTurbo

MotoTurbo Well-Known Member

That happened to me before I rooted. I think I just went into recovery and cleared the cache and bootee back up and it worked like a charm

5. Ethanflux

Ethanflux Newbie

Just tried this, and it did not work. :(

6. MotoTurbo

Have u tried rebooting phone and PC?

7. Ethanflux

Ethanflux Newbie

Yes, and my PC recognizes the replacement S3 I just got in from AT&T. I just rooted that phone with no problem using same USB cable.

8. MotoTurbo

Dang im trying to figure out what to do. You could just send it in and they'll prob won't even notice or just throw it away

9. MercilessLTD

MercilessLTD Member

Try cleaning the contacts on the phone's charging port. Sometimes they get nasty. Also try a different USB port. I have a computer at home that is finicky for just my SGS3, but not the Nexus S or the Galaxy Note. Also try switching from MTP to PTP on the phone.