1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General AT&T finally drops 6.x...finally

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by labeledbass, Jun 22, 2016.

1. labeledbass

labeledbass Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    Male
    Experimentalist
    Pushed my OTA and to my surprise I have a 1.5xx Gb file for update. Found this 2 hour post also -

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...T-finally-get-Android-6.0-Marshmallow_id82502

Figured since I have been checking every day for the longest I'd throw it out there for fellow At@t note 5s also way behind in the loop. Planning on full backup/reset after install, will post any issues.

On that note, how has MM been on these devices? I haven't seen anything stating it isn't worth it and wait for a hot fix, but I also understand carriers can differ with features.

Advertisement

#1 labeledbass, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    KOLIO likes this.
  2. labeledbass

labeledbass Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    Male
    Experimentalist
    So far it's real nice, sUbuntu changes all over, I have noticed the "smart manager" at least on the Cambodian model note 5 isn't on my at&t. Just as the "doze" feature. Now everything that's in the smart manager is accessible via application management, it's only per process unlike the entire running list but still nice. Battery is good so far but hard to tell since I've been playing constantly, the fingerprint reader is Definitely faster, noticeably faster, which was a complaint from day 1. Well I plan on reseting and doing a clean install just for shats and cackles, oh yeah, the at&t note 5 finally got video calling.... why that was left off is beyond me

3. John I

John I Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Doze was the feature I was most looking forward to and it is not in this update? I see the Doze app in the store that claims to be better than the Android version...

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was released in August of 2015 and was the company's flagship phablet for the year. The device features a 5.66-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 16MP main camera.