• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] FreeGS3 Rom

jroyjohnson

Jul 6, 2012
Anyone else on AT&T using the Team Sonic's Free GS3 Rom on AT&T? It's primarily for T-mobile but it can run just fine on AT&T phones apparently.

I have been following the thread at XDA for this Rom, but haven't had too much success trying to get this question answered.

With the lastest version of this Rom (R6) they recommed a kernal upgrade for T-mobile users. But the only one listed for AT&T users is a basic insecure kernal. I was wondering/hoping other AT&T users had tried out some other combos , especially with some better kernals (something of the calibur of the trinity 43b for T-mo would be nice).

I know most people will just say try them out yourself but I'm still new to this and fear bricking my phone. And since I traded in my last two BB's in teh last year I don't have a good back-up in case I do.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones