1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [AT&T] Front facing camera freezes phone when used

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AdamGhoul, Jan 14, 2014.

1. AdamGhoul

AdamGhoul Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2014
    I got a galaxy s3 with at&t I'm rooted with twrp and custom rom beanstalk 4.4001. The front facing camera freezes and reboots the phone when I try to use it in any app. The camera on the back works fine which is the better camera anyway but I'd like both of them to work. Its not hardware because it worked up until I flashed beanstalk. I love this ROM and would rather solve this than just get another ROM. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Thread moved to the forum dedicated to discussing your root-ed phone/carrier.

... Thom

AdamGhoul likes this.
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    MECHANIC OBDII. NOS. FUEL INJECTION. Saving a Life
    Park Ave., HELL
    You have to ask the dev he may have a easy fix for this and it can be easy as a lib needs to be set or the wrong one
    What you can do is fully charge let set but first do a full data and cache and dalvik cache . please I repeat please Dont wipe system . did the ROM have a special gapps . the gapps may have the special lib needed .

4. AdamGhoul

AdamGhoul Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2014
    I've wiped the cache and dalvik. But not the data yet. There are updates for this ROM so i I might flash the latest. It didn't come with its own gapps. I just found 4.4 compatable gapps to go with it.

UPDATE: reflashed the latest version of beanstalk for my phone along with the latest appropriate gapps. I just now noticed that the facing camera does work with snapchat, but instagram and the camera app crashes then reboots.