1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips AT&T G4 WiFi Calling

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JBensimon, Jun 19, 2016.

1. JBensimon

JBensimon Member
    None

Jul 26, 2014
    Just wanted to confirm that this update to the AT&T G4 (i.e. H810) works perfectly and hasn't given me any issues. I didn't wait to be notified of it, I just manually checked for updates, and it was offered.

The WiFi calling feature, once enabled, works well, but by default only kicks in if you have *really* bad or nonexistent cell signal. However, contrary to what some have said elsewhere, you can force its use by turning on Airplane Mode then turning WiFi back on -- the phone will have no choice but to go into WiFi Calling mode (which you'll recognize by a little "+" sign superimposed onto the usual WiFi "fantail" indicator). Just remember to get out of Airplane Mode once you leave your WiFi coverage area.

If you discover anything interesting about this build, please share.

Jacques.

Advertisement

frope0101 and El Presidente like this.
  2. ron swanson

ron swanson Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2013
    additional point = this now supports MMS via WIFI on the G4.

LG G4

The LG G4 was launched in 2015. It has a 5.5-inch IPS display and a 16MP camera with Laser Auto Focus and Color Spectrum Sensor. It has a 3,000 mAh removable battery and expandable storage. The G4 can be customized with 6 different leather back covers, and 3 different traditional back covers.
Tags: