• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Galaxy Note Review Thread

Upvote 0
I turned in my Galaxy Skyrocket to my local AT&T store today because I preordered the Note online and the manager at the AT&T store lets me know that the Note is not that great of a phone and that I will most likely be disappointed with it.I said oh yea?and he said it had a lot of issues.I was going to question him about his off the wall remark but he made the comment to me while he was serving another customer...
I can't fathom why he would do this to a product he is going to sell and in front of other customers just boggled my mind.
I am kind of glad I turned my stuff in as the place seemed kind of dishonest.First I bought an Otterbox Commuter for my Galaxy.I was told it did not come with a stick on screen protector.So I had to buy a pack of protectors,2 for $20.I called Otterbox and they said that all their cases come with 1 protector.I think they were removing the protectors and repackaging them to sell as a seperate item.The Case came in a generic AT&T box,not an Otterbox package.
I heard the customer he was waiting on ask if their was 4g in the area.He told the guy the same as he told me,didn't really say yes or no,he said he wouldn't be surprised if there was 4g in the area,looked at the phone and said yep,see it says 4g right there on the phone.Well I found out later that there is H+,which is not 4g but supposedly better than the 3g I had with Verizon.
I tried to preorder the Note through them on the 5th but they said they weren't participating in the preorder and weren't sure they were even going to carry the Note.
So the AT&T guy said the Note was a dud :eek:

Upvote 0
I turned in my Galaxy Skyrocket to my local AT&T store today because I preordered the Note online and the manager at the AT&T store lets me know that the Note is not that great of a phone and that I will most likely be disappointed with it.I said oh yea?and he said it had a lot of issues.I was going to question him about his off the wall remark but he made the comment to me while he was serving another customer...
I can't fathom why he would do this to a product he is going to sell and in front of other customers just boggled my mind.
I am kind of glad I turned my stuff in as the place seemed kind of dishonest.First I bought an Otterbox Commuter for my Galaxy.I was told it did not come with a stick on screen protector.So I had to buy a pack of protectors,2 for $20.I called Otterbox and they said that all their cases come with 1 protector.I think they were removing the protectors and repackaging them to sell as a seperate item.The Case came in a generic AT&T box,not an Otterbox package.
I heard the customer he was waiting on ask if their was 4g in the area.He told the guy the same as he told me,didn't really say yes or no,he said he wouldn't be surprised if there was 4g in the area,looked at the phone and said yep,see it says 4g right there on the phone.Well I found out later that there is H+,which is not 4g but supposedly better than the 3g I had with Verizon.
I tried to preorder the Note through them on the 5th but they said they weren't participating in the preorder and weren't sure they were even going to carry the Note.
So the AT&T guy said the Note was a dud :eek:

Did this place happen to have a cardboard sign with the words "AT&T Authorized Retailer" spelled wrongly on it and it almost falling off the building? Sounds like it to me.

He probably picked up the phone and started loading a lot of applications right away and it had some lag because of that and he probably wasn't use to the S-Pen. I mean why would the Note be a dud and not the GSII Skyrocket as well? They both have similar hardware.

Also, we have to remember that Gingerbread isn't really meant for the usage of dual-core processors, so when ICS comes in you will not see that much lag. At least that is what I am thinking.

Upvote 0
some AT&T employees post on this forum but i think more of them participate on XDA forums. i'd love to hear what they have to say about this manager lol.

i've read posts from a few AT&T store employees who have nothing to gain by speaking well of the Note (since the iP is their biggest seller) and they all rave about their excitement over this phone.

granted not everyone loves every phone. that is just his opinion apparently...or else he doesn't want it to affect his iP sales and he's scared :D

Upvote 0
Oh, I also forgot to mention you should go to an AT&T official store NOT an authorized retailer. I have had experience going into the authorized retailer over the official store, and it was not good. They don't know what they are talking about, and you end up paying out of pocket expenses if you ever take your phone in and have a problem. Just avoid them at all costs.

Upvote 0
I must of been a third party kind of place.All of the Signage said AT&T,that's all they sold was AT&T stuff and accessories.But on the receipt it had a different name.I really didn't know there was a difference.I thought an ATT store was just that,an ATT store.

Yeah as Phil just said those places can be a nightmare. Avoid them at all costs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones