1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AT&T galaxy s3 having poor battery life and gets really hot.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gs3mn, Dec 25, 2012.

1. gs3mn

gs3mn Lurker

Hi, I bought my phone last week and have really liked it, but there is a really big problem. The phones battery will last maybe 5 hours and will get really hot. I installed juice defender, turned the brightness all the way down and turned off location services in google now, but nothing has changed. I'm running jelly bean that I downloaded through kies. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the phone or the battery. So how can I resolve this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi,

could be a dodgy battery - id take it back and get it replaced - the standard battery does run a bit warm generally - ive replaced mine with an Anker 2200 ma one and that runs cooler

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Sounds like an app using services in the background. What apps show as running?

4. javamann

javamann Android Enthusiast

A weak WIFI signal was the culprit for me. Turned off Wifi unless needed and now I'm getting decent battery life.

JM

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews