• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

At&t has done it

I will probably end up getting the HTC vivid. I'm tempted to get the SGS II for its Super amoled+ screen, but I had a terrible experience with my Samsung Captivate's bad gps chip and waiting for froyo. I'm also tempted to get the Atrix 2 because of it's low price, solid specs, and how google might start to back motorola devices and get updates out faster since they now own motorola. I have the atrix 4g right now. The only thing is that the blacks on most phones look grey in comparison to the ridiculously blacks on the super amoled screens.

Upvote 0
I will probably end up getting the HTC vivid. I'm tempted to get the SGS II for its Super amoled+ screen, but I had a terrible experience with my Samsung Captivate's bad gps chip and waiting for froyo. I'm also tempted to get the Atrix 2 because of it's low price, solid specs, and how google might start to back motorola devices and get updates out faster since they now own motorola. I have the atrix 4g right now. The only thing is that the blacks on most phones look grey in comparison to the ridiculously blacks on the super amoled screens.

I am going to wait for an ics device before I blow an upgrade on an phone. Who knows when htc or samsung will be getting ics next summer?

Upvote 0
I doubt it will take that long. Sense is already an amazing ui anyway. Sometimes these updates are kind of overrated. Samsung is the worst when it comes to upgrading firmware, so for that reason, I'll be staying away from them. You would think that with all of the galaxy s phones being almost the same except for the screen size, updates would come quick, but that isn't the case. They've created a confusing mess of their galaxy s line, trying to differentiate each phone for each carrier. Someone needs to stand up to the carriers and release great phones across all carriers and send out updates generally at the same time. Oh wait, apple has already done that.

Upvote 0
Dude seriously? At&t has 75%.of the u.s covered in 3g

Lol what coverage map are YOU looking at? :thinking:

Because according to ATT, barely 25-35% of America is covered in 3G.

AT&T 4G LTE - Get 4G Speed with AT&T 4G LTE & 4G HSPA+

And no, EDGE is NOT 3G.

Gotta love how they use VERY close shades of blue to confuse the hell outta customers as well.

attmap.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones