1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [AT&T] How to transfer and manage my Music btw my s3 and mac

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by martaorzech, Jan 23, 2013.

1. martaorzech

martaorzech Lurker
    None

Jan 23, 2013
    Female
    Photographer and Party Planner
    New Jersey/New York
    Hi my name is Marta. I am new android user. I used to have iphone but got sick of it and limitations going with it. I recently purchesed samsung galaxy s3. I loooooooove the phone sooooo much . Like I mentioned I am newbie. I will need little bit help and advice from experinced android users. Also this is first forum I ever signed up. So please be patient with me
    I heard I should root my phone. I dont know how to do that and if I am even able to do that myself. But this is something what bothers me most for now and idk how to handle it. And I would like to back up my phone apps and memo with my mac as well.
    Like I mentioned I used to have iphone . Idk how i can transfer my music from my mac computer to my awsome android phone. I tried few apps. They seems to be complicated i do not know how to use them. I am looking for something very simple ( i am simple person ) Simple like Itunes. I would like to create my own playlist on the computer and transfer them to my phone . Can someone please help me?

For my exuse i will just say that I am artist and not really computer and gadzet gig so more simple its better for me. I feel very comortable when i paint or design than fixing phone or computer

Thaaaaank you again and I am very happy to be part of your commiunity.
    Also please exuse any grammar mistakes i am from Europe still working on my English as well

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    I don't know that you 'should' root your phone - it's not really something for the faint of heart .. or non-technical. I would say, root it if you find a ROM that lets the phone do something you really like and that it doesn't do already. Otherwise, if it ain't broke ..

Re transfering music: you just plug the USB cable in to your mac and drag and drop the music files onto the phone. Could not be simpler (I speak as a techie so I am biased as, like all techies, I think iTunes is an absolutely appallingly awful piece of bloatware).