• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T: HTC Vivid, Samsung Skyrocket, or Wait?

PseudoFed

Lurker
Nov 25, 2011
Brand new to Android with my work issued Motorola Droid Pro. Have a new 4S which I may shelve for awhile. If I think I want some future proof and LTE, which would you choose and why? Or, should I wait on something else? I've played with both, and think I like the bigger screen on the Skyrocket a little better. Or, is there something more awesome around the corner? Or, what is the best phone in your opinion?

I will post some conversion questions separately, like how to get my iTunes library....

Thread moved to the AT&T section

Both the vivid and skyrocket look good, I am not familiar with the phones that may be on the horizon for AT&T, hopefully the users here will be more knowledgeable than myself and can give you a better idea of what is to come. I think I would opt for the skyrocket personally if I were choosing between the two available now.

Upvote 0
For me it is the vivid. I went into the store and played with both and the skyrocket was just too dim. I know the vivid has a locked boot loader, but on Att I pay for 4g and it comes with tether, so no need for me to root.

I'm coming from Sprint. Oh I am a huge touch wiz 4 fan and I had the g2 for 2weeks, but went back to my evo 4g.

Upvote 0
First I've heard someone call the screen on the SGS2 or SGS2SR dim.. Was it manually set to dimmest setting? If on bright or auto it should have been very bright with great contrast. Unless it just varies that much from the 4.3" GT-I9100, But I doubt that based on the screen design.

I had the brightness all the way up for the phone and browser. It was just dim. The gs2 I had was bright and looked great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones