• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Is CM10 compatible with HTC One X 2.20?

Jester4576

Lurker
Dec 18, 2012
Hello Jester4576 here,

I'm brand spanking new to rooting and flashing ROMs and am seeking some advice. I just rooted my HTC One X(Evita) v2.20 hboot 1.14 My first root EVER :) I'm looking to pop my ROM cherry lol and flash CM10 that I found on the cyanogenmod download site under type-->stable-->evita and just wanted to make sure it's compatible with my device and won't brick my phone. I have read certain roms only work with certain hboot versions and software versions, I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Like I said before I'm super new to the rooting scene and am just being cautious. Looking forward to any advice. Also, I've read something about gapps, does cm10 need them or would it have said there? Thanks in advance. Oh and I'm using TWRP.

CM10 would need the gapps package. For legal reasons, Cyanogen aren't allowed to include Gmail/Play etc in with their ROM, it has to be installed separately.

You might have to be careful with certain hboots and flashing boot.img's, but checking the CM10 thread on xda, I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with that yet. Gimme some time to read through in its entirety. :)

The worst it will do is cause a bootloop (the phone won't boot), so there's no real danger of bricking. As long as you take a backup in TWRP before you flash anything, you'll be fine.

Upvote 0
CM10 would need the gapps package. For legal reasons, Cyanogen aren't allowed to include Gmail/Play etc in with their ROM, it has to be installed separately.

You might have to be careful with certain hboots and flashing boot.img's, but checking the CM10 thread on xda, I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with that yet. Gimme some time to read through in its entirety. :)

The worst it will do is cause a bootloop (the phone won't boot), so there's no real danger of bricking. As long as you take a backup in TWRP before you flash anything, you'll be fine.

Thanks for the info. When I get home ill try and flash cm10. I'll keep an on this thread for any more info you may find and will post if the flash was successful or not.

Upvote 0
OK so i flashed cm10 with the gapps and everything worked out well for my first time flashing. Thanks El Presidente! One problem I am having though is with TiBu. I followed the tut on it and flashed it after flashing my ROM but now the settings menu is gone from it. Any thoughts? I was thinking maybe reflashing cm10 and downloading TiBu from the store as normal and seeing if that fixes the issue. What u think? Also the keyboard on this ROM is standard with no swype. Is there a way to get a different keyboard or do I have to look for another ROM? Sorry for all the questions?

Upvote 0
No need to apologise for asking questions! Glad the flash went ok. :)

The Swype thing was only added as default on 4.2, if you're looking for Swype, you'll need to install the Swype beta or something like this: 4.2 Keyboard.

Not sure what you mean about the Titanium Settings though, sorry :eek:

OK cool I'll try that keyboard out. Yeah normally for TiBu when open in the top right there's 3 icons, search, the check mark, and then 3 dots signifying settings. The settings is missing now. In the tut it said to create an update .zip for tibu so while in recovery it can be flashed after flashing a ROM and it will be stored as a system file in order not to have to download and install again from the app store. I'm thinking maybe it being a system file now on the ROM is why the settings is missing maybe, idk I'm no tech guy just using logic.

Upvote 0
Found the problem. I needed to tick the "allow 3 dot overflow menu" option in the settings.

Glad you figured that out. That 3 dot thing has always been confusing. Some ROMs (most notably the stock one) allow you to remap where the menu key would be so one of the capacitive buttons (or a long press on one) brings up the menu. Not sure if CM gives you this option, but it's something to look into if you don't like having the whole bar taken for just the one button.

Upvote 0
Glad you figured that out. That 3 dot thing has always been confusing. Some ROMs (most notably the stock one) allow you to remap where the menu key would be so one of the capacitive buttons (or a long press on one) brings up the menu. Not sure if CM gives you this option, but it's something to look into if you don't like having the whole bar taken for just the one button.

It's the default setting on CM. Single Tap is menu, long press is Google Now and Long pressing Home brings up recent apps.

Reactions: GuitarG20
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones