1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AT&T is replacing my SIII

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sugarspunz, Jan 4, 2013.

1. sugarspunz

sugarspunz Member

so i am getting a NEW not refurbished Samsung Galaxy SIII from AT&T at no cost. well i just had to pay $44 for tax.

turns out b!tching and complaining enough works.

i purchased my phone back in June and since then i have gone into the AT&T store about 3 times and called customer service/tech support twice to complain about my phone.

Long story short my phone in terms of making calls sucks horribly. after talking to customer service the last time they said they would send me a free refurbished phone or i could buy a new phone at the discounted price and renew my contract again for 2 more years. this was unacceptable to me.

so during the christmas holiday i received a letter from AT&T basically thanking me for being a loyal customer.

here is the letter.

at the bottom of the letter i noticed there was an email address for this guy. i thought WTF i will email him.

here what i wrote.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert

Yep complaining works. It took me a while but my carrier delivered my phone to the wrong address bit after 3 months I got the phone. This was a while ago but i thought I'd share.

3. parishmc

parishmc Well-Known Member

sounds great but what's with the $44 tax ? sounds like they are charging
    you sales tax on the full non-commitment price. you paid tax on the original
    S3 so they shouldn't be charging you tax again on the replacement. did they
    allow you to keep the original or do you have to return it ?

4. Cantankeris

Cantankeris Newbie

I had a similar experience without the tax charge. I was having trouble with the battery on my device. Just called in, explained what we'd already done (new battery, factory reset, tweaking, etc). Lady on the other end had an S3 as well and wasn't having the same issues. They sent me out a new handset and the new one works great without the previous problems.

Only thing that's odd is the 44 bones.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews