• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Lost persistent apps

jlzibell

May 2, 2013
Somehow my wife lost the persistent apps at the bottom of each screen. I've tried dragging apps below the dots (screen) but that doesn't work. They appear temporarily, but as soon as I let go, they go back above the dots. How can I get them back for her without doing a factory reset?

Those persistent icons you describe are know collectively as the "dock." It sounds like you have an alternative launcher with gesture(s) set. For example, my Apex Launcher is configured to toggle dock visibility by swiping down (i.e., first swipe makes it disappear, second swipe makes it reappear). I suggest going into your launcher settings and seeing what you have set for "gestures" (different launchers may use different verbiage, but you get the idea).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones