• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] No data after CM-10.1 nightly

BadTA

Jul 25, 2011
I don't know if it too early to expect custom ROMs to be available and working, but I found that CM-10.1 has some out there.

Anyway, I used motochopper to root and then GooManager to install TWRP.

I did a full backup, then wipe cache, dalvic cache and wipe factory in TWRP. Then flashed the latest nightly from CM.

No issues were noticed during the above steps, but I do not get a data connection once booted. No 4G, 3G....nothin.

Any thoughts?

The apn is what you need for data to work.

Go to settings > connections > more networks > mobile networks > access point names. You should see an apn for AT&T. If you don't you will need to add it. I have the T-Mobile S4 so I'm not sure what the settings would be for AT&T.

I found these for the AT&T S4. You can see if they work if you don't have it. Press your menu button and select New APN.

Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: Not set
Port : Not set
User name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 300
MNC: 410
Authentication type: None
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

Upvote 0
Thank you!

I had that apn, but did not have 'hipri' listed in 'APN Type'

Seems to work now.

The apn is what you need for data to work.

Go to settings > connections > more networks > mobile networks > access point names. You should see an apn for AT&T. If you don't you will need to add it. I have the T-Mobile S4 so I'm not sure what the settings would be for AT&T.

I found these for the AT&T S4. You can see if they work if you don't have it. Press your menu button and select New APN.

Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: Not set
Port : Not set
User name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 300
MNC: 410
Authentication type: None
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones