• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Pre-Order and Release date discussion thread

Even before it was shipped? Or was yours shipped?

You can not cancel period. I tried to cancel my order an hour after I ordered it, weeks ago and it says that you can not cancel that you will have to wait till it is shipped and refuse delivery or ship it back. It will take a week or two to get a credit back to your card.

It is their policy

Upvote 0
AT&T is ******ed, they should have shipped in the order of when the orders were placed but clearly the just said F**k it and threw the papers everywhere then used how the restacked them to decide whose order to ship first!!

You must learn to not hold in your feelings and try to let it out!

How do you really feel?

Upvote 0
Someone posted a pic of a dark box and another of a white box.. Any significance between the two or is it just random? Or is it indicative of the color of the phone? (because I keep hearing that no white ones are being shipped yet)
I would assume it has to do with the phone color you ordered. If Navi lets us know he got a white one, I'm sure it's correct. AT&T gave me the white color option when I ordered.

Upvote 0
Whar the dam hell, now I'm pissed. Preordered at store. BTW I wish you all would stop talking about online orders only. Did not a single person pre-order from their local brick and mortar? I dont care about all your online orders, none of that info matters to me at all and it's all you guys are talking about.

Anyways so i called the store i preordered at today, and it sounds good, I'm like "did you guys get the SGS3 today?" guy is like "yeah, we may have, I know I got a fed ex shipment this morning it might be in there". I'm like well I have a preorder. He's like ok well then I'll be calling you if we got them. So I'm thinking, sounds good, looks good for today. After a couple hours, no call, maybe theyre just being slow unpacking, I'll try the other stores. Call another store, guy sounds like a typical store dummy that doesnt know anything, tells me "No we havent got the SGS3, it'll be next week". Guy cant even give me anything more concrete than "next week" so I'm thinking, damn, the 28th?. What a joke, what is wrong with ATT is it that hard to make a friggen release date already? So I press him further and ask, so it'll be there next thursday? I can tell he doesnt want to commit to ANYTHING, so he mumbles something noncommittal about yeah, should be or whatever, I can just tell he doesnt have a clue.

Ugghh, fricken baloney. Throughout I havent once got a straight answer from ATT about when the damn phone is out. At the time of my preorder which I think was way back around the 6th, all the guy told me was the typical noncommittal "oh, it'll be out in a week or two". You know, like it's just the most casual thing in the world.

So yeah, latest I know is I have no idea when I'll get it except supposedly "next week". and i was all excited.

Upvote 0
Whar the dam hell, now I'm pissed. Preordered at store. BTW I wish you all would stop talking about online orders only. Did not a single person pre-order from their local brick and mortar? I dont care about all your online orders, none of that info matters to me at all and it's all you guys are talking about.

Wait you want people to stop talking about their online pre-orders because you dont care about their orders and their orders don't matter to you?

I understand your frustration, a lot of people seem to not be getting their phone today, myself included. It seems a lot more people ordered online though.

Upvote 0
Uggh, this clears it up it seems at least. This guy is hearing the same stuff I did. looks like the 28th for in store.

funny how the blue ones are the only ones actually getting delivered, when all you guys were saying the blue ones would be the ones delayed. great job again guys.

AT&T Pushes Back Samsung Galaxy S3 Release Date to June 28th | The Droid Guy
Update (June 21th 08:23 am ET): Dropped by another larger store, also no S3 available. This rep confidently said that the phone will be available in stores on June 28th.

Update (June 21th 07:40 am ET): Just dropped by a local AT&T store here in New York, and the store manager sounded as confused as anybody. He said they’re not carrying the S3 yet and he did not know when the phone will be available in stores.
To be clear, the June 21st release date sounds like it’s for the online orders of the blue model mostly. We have not heard of anybody getting shipping confirmation for the white model. The initial word was that online orders should be shipped “on or around June 28th”. People who are receiving shipment today appeared to have all ordered online prior to June 18th.
Basically sounds like, if you ordered the white model OR if you ordered on or after June 18th, your shipment will be delayed to around the 28th.

Upvote 0

Hey everyone, stop talking about online orders because none of it matters to shark974. lol

I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of the 9 million or so that pre-ordered did so online. That being said, what are you going to expect people to talk about - store orders if they ordered online.. or vice versa?

Anyway, if no white S3s are being shipped, then that would be contrary to someone who posted their white S3 box they received a few posts above that they didn't open yet. Hmmm...

Upvote 0
they arent shipping the white ones. They only shipped the blue models. THat's why if you ordered a white one your not going to get it.

Atrix did you order white?

no, i ordered the blue one on june 10th at about 5pm!
which is why im a little aggravated because noone at at&t can tell me anything except if you were supposed to receive it on or before the 21st, you will now receive it before the 25th(im not going to hold my breath)

Upvote 0
You could not be more mistaken. Don't let your carrier based closed mind get in your way.............lol................no offense to you. Some folks like to have the latest equipment and not wait 2 years to upgrade.

I bought and paid for a One X and am using it on Straight Talk for $45.00 per month. Bring your own devices (BYOD) sim cards use AT&T towers. You have the same network as if you were on AT&T with a contract. That's a savings of over $900 per year and i do NOT have to waste my time with a phone contract for 2 years!
I like getting new equipment and can not sit with outdated phones waiting for a contract to end. $900 a year less expensive and that amount of money will easily pay for the new phone in a matter of 5 months!
You can sell a "newer" device on ebay or Cowboom etc. for quite a bit after only 5 months........and then get something newer............win win win all the way........

Where are you getting $900 more expensive? Do you realize I pay $63 a month, including all taxes and fees, on contract with ATT? Whereas you're quoting a $45 that doesnt include taxes and fees.

Also doing a little digging seems Straight Talk you only get 3G data. At least with ATT I have the ability to get HSPA+ and down the road, LTE.

Upvote 0
Ordered mine two days ago on the 19th, and pow! Just delievred. A little hope for those that ordered late.

Fedex:
Delivered

Initiated Picked up In transit Delivered
Delivered
Signed for by: Signature not required
Shipment Dates
Ship date Jun 20, 2012
Delivery date Jun 21, 2012 1:49 PM
Destination
BAL HARBOUR, FL
Proof of Delivery

Rub it in. This isn't right. When I bought the captivate, I was very close to promising myself never to buy Samsung again due to the GPS problem. Now here I am. Please tell me the GPS works fine in this model or I will scratch my eyes out.

Upvote 0
Anyone have a clue as to when it'll be available in stores (i.e. I walk in, buy it, walk out with it). Also, god damn people are getting their panties in a bunch about this. It's just a phone and just a couple days...calm yo tits, seriously. I don't even think this is AT&Ts fault...most of the time it has to do with the manufacturer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones