• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Pre-Order and Release date discussion thread

I have been calling bb for the last couple days and have been getting the same run around that's it's not here try back later so this afternoon I try and to my surprise I got a different response a lady asked me what was my first and last name I instantly got excited and started making my way to the bb in anticipation that my phone was there the lady had me on hold for a good 25 minutes and finally came back on the line and said they did get some phones in but that I was behind whoever got there phones today on the preorder list I was pissed off so I said fine and I asked where I was on the list of preorders because if you only got 3 phones into day I don't want to be waiting forever and a manager got on the phone and assured me I will have a phone on the next shipment

longest run on sentence ever

Reactions: greggebhardt
Upvote 0
I just checked my credit card to see when they charged me for it and it was June 8th.... i thought they only charge ya when it's getting ready to be shipped.... ordered on the 6th from at&t website......seems like your best bet was to order from the website ....
Talked to a live chat agent today and he said you get charged once it has been delivered, so that's odd...

Upvote 0
Received mine about 20 minutes ago via Fedex. Guy hands me box and told me he put box in as damaged, I look at it and the box is soaked. He leaves and I open it up and my box for my GS3 is wet, the paper work AT&T sent is soaked. Inside the GS3 seems to be okay though.

But I cannot connect to my wifi yet and my old sim isn't working with this phone yet, not sure why they gave me a new sim, this is the same sim I used on the HTC One X with no problems.

I know they include a new sim when you upgrade, but I bought full price and I have never had a sim included.

Upvote 0
Received mine about 20 minutes ago via Fedex. Guy hands me box and told me he put box in as damaged, I look at it and the box is soaked. He leaves and I open it up and my box for my GS3 is wet, the paper work AT&T sent is soaked. Inside the GS3 seems to be okay though.

But I cannot connect to my wifi yet and my old sim isn't working with this phone yet, not sure why they gave me a new sim, this is the same sim I used on the HTC One X with no problems.

I know they include a new sim when you upgrade, but I bought full price and I have never had a sim included.
I won't keep that unit! U can run into all kinds of issue just by that device obsorbing the moisture.. Call AT&T and return ASAP

Upvote 0
I won't keep that unit! U can run into all kinds of issue just by that device obsorbing the moisture.. Call AT&T and return ASAP

Yeah when they get more in I going to have them send me another one. I have the blue now, it looks nice but I am not sure if I would like the white one more though.

I would like to see them in person.

Upvote 0
LOL - there are already countless other threads with the info you're requesting ;)

This thread is mainly about the release dates and releasing of the device...

C'mon guys!! Most of us spent days worrying :thinking:And wanting the S3. Now most of you have it you have disappeared.. Let's hear how you like the unit. What customizations you did and what are the best features on the device!!!!:smokingsomb: LET'S HEAR IT...:)

Upvote 0
The release of the Samsung Galaxy S III reminded me of a regular release of an iPhone, except that there were no lines...

I don't think Samsung expected the sheer volume of orders for devices that they've since received.

I find it very hard to believe that Samsung didn't know that the sg3 would be highly sought after this is supposed to be the iPhone 5 main completion when it's released which is why they releasedit before apple's phone this is Samsung Flagship phone there is no excuse why you only send 1 phone to my bestbuy it makes no sense

Upvote 0
I find it very hard to believe that Samsung didn't know that the sg3 would be highly sought after this is supposed to be the iPhone 5 main completion when it's released which is why they releasedit before apple's phone this is Samsung Flagship phone there is no excuse why you only send 1 phone to my bestbuy it makes no sense

They did the same thing with the GS2. Each best buy only had about one on release day. And by the way, the release day was on a sunday.

Upvote 0
They did the same thing with the GS2. Each best buy only had about one on release day. And by the way, the release day was on a sunday.

Yea the release date is Sunday but bb don't get deliveries on Sunday so that was the only phone and gs2 was not brought out with anticipation that the gs3 was matter of fact north America didn't even get the phone untill like 6 or 7 months after its release can you imagine going to get a iPhone on launch day and they got 1 in ? They would riot lol

Upvote 0
There is nothing remotely similar to the iPhone here, except that it's a phone. If Apple had a release like this, they would be crucified.

If you want to be a serious contender, step your game up Samsung.

Your right. Apple Head would be on a pitch folk with us chanting "we want it now"
But keep in mind Samsung, AT&T and BB also radio shack is saying now the OFFICIAL release is the 28. So let's see what kind of quantaties and noise they make this week leading up to the 28.
Apple on the other hand marketing team is very creative and their word on availability is GOLD! It might not be plentiful but at least you roll the dice and stand in line knowing the device is there.. Lol

Upvote 0
So does this mean the earliest I would be able to walk into an AT&T store and buy the GS3 would be the 28th? I don't want to make the trip without knowing for sure. Any recommendations?

Yeah, your best bet is to go early at opening

Or see if you can still preorder it at radio shack, best buy, AT&T, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones