1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AT&T Pre-Order and Release date discussion thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bucsfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. nayan504

nayan504 Newbie

Thanks!

Advertisement

#326 nayan504, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  2. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

is it not possible I want another? My VP is due for an upgrade and is an Android fanatic.

Amazon is not known for getting new introduced devices first. I could kick myself for refusing delivery on my AT&T S3 that I refused but I already had the Intl model and did not know my VP wanted one so bad. He will get a better price upgrading as the one I refused was at a no comit price.

3. MentatYP

MentatYP Member

Called an AT&T store Monday about demo models. They were supposed to get stocked with demo models over the weekend but didn't get them, but he said preorders were already being filled.

4. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

When you ordered from Amazon, did you upgrade or start a new contract? I am wondering if I can keep my unlimited ATT data plan if I order through them.

5. jackdubl

jackdubl Android Expert

I was told exactly the same.

6. nayan504

nayan504 Newbie

i just did an upgrade, i actually had a blackberry until last november and sold it and switched to a normal non-smart phone for 6 months until something worth while came out

then I used amazon to upgrade it (i'm on a family account)

7. greggebhardt

It is just a phone. Have you read the article about the Galaxy S4 due out in November?:rolleyes:

8. Krunk83

Krunk83 Android Enthusiast

I preordered with radio shack so hopefully I'll get mine tomorrow. It's been a long wait.

9. ldivinag

ldivinag Well-Known Member

just called a couple att stores...

delayed release... again. now early july.

great for those who pre-ordered...

10. todd03blown

todd03blown Lurker

Hey folks, I just joined the forums. Must say there is a ton of great information available to read up on. My iPhone4 fell into a swimming pool Saturday night and I have been debating to get the 4s or just a refurb 4 and wait for the 5 to come out.

Over the course of those 3 days or so I have been doing a lot of reading on the S3 and have decided to leave the iOS world and join the Android life. 2 of my DBA's over in india have the S3 and they just love it.

My question is I see pre-orders have shipped for ATT customers which I am a customer of. I am a little confused on if these phones will start to appear in the local ATT stores or BB or the like? Seems like there is conflicting info.

I am trying to decide if I should arrive at a store early tomorrow (north Atlanta area) to see if I can get one of these phones since I am in dire need of it for my job.

Any info would be appreciated.

11. Verks

Verks Newbie

Just got an in-store update saying the in-store availability is yet to be determined.

Ahhh ugh!

12. nayan504

nayan504 Newbie

AMAZON Confirmation: SHIPPED VIA UPS!!! Arrives tomorrow!!!

pre-ordered on june 11! finally the wait is over

13. Coppanuva

Coppanuva Newbie

Shitting me? God I'm sick of this... called them yesterday and they said the 28th for sure. Hopefully it's still on for mine, though I'm doubtful.

14. jonnyweb

jonnyweb Newbie

Our local AT&T stores don't have any in stock and never received the floor models. They're expecting large shipments tomorrow (6-28)
    I ordered mine from the premier site Monday morning and got it today!!!

15. greggebhardt

I asked a salesperson at my local AT&T store and he just had a blank look. I was reminded that these people are there to sell plans and a phone is only a tool, to them, to do so.

These people deal with phone everyday and are not into recreational phone use like many here.

16. nayan504

nayan504 Newbie

Thanks!

#341 nayan504, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  17. Coppanuva

Coppanuva Newbie

Not in at my local stores. Dammit, may just order online.

18. todd03blown

todd03blown Lurker

I went to 2 AT&T stores and they didn't have it in stock. I said if you order it I should be able to get it tomorrow? He said no, will take 5 days so I said thanks and walked out.

Then went to BB where I got my iPad2 on lauch day. They didn't have them in stock at 10am but said they show a delivery today and to call back after lunch to see.

Debating if I should just order online via ATT but when I checked this I only saw 2 day shipping and not next day. I need the phone ASAP as it is for work and my iPhone4 is dead for the last 3 days due to going swimming in a pool. Should I see an option for overnight shipping when trying to order online at ATT?

19. artbytes

I'd borrow/use an old phone until you can get the S3. It will take some pressure off.

20. artbytes

Where did you see that article?

21. todd03blown

todd03blown Lurker

I am using my son's for now;), so I am good. It is just crazy how attached we get to our phone and how important they are especially being in the IT field.

22. todd03blown

todd03blown Lurker

Since I have an iPhone4 with the unlimited data plan should I choose the below for my new data plan for the S3? I want to be sure since I always go into the store and get my new phones and not order online. I also assume when I get the new phone that is when I cancel my existing plan for the iPhone4?

Sorry for all the questions.

Unlimited Personal Data Plan with Unlimited Messaging for 4G LTE Smartphones (LDPX1VM5)

23. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

He's being facetious. Samsung has been fairly regular with their S-series releases.

artbytes likes this.
  24. shark974

shark974 Well-Known Member

great, i pre ordered in store too and they told me on the 21st that it would be "next week". Combined with internet info I assumed the 28th, though they only reluctantly committed to that date, being when i asked "so for sure it'll be there the 28th" the guy gave back an extremely weak unconvincing "yeah". they are supposed to call whenever it's ready.

but it's after 1pm now and they havent called. i'm smelling another delay combined with the info here. i'm sure i'll call them just to double check but not expecting success.

i've started thinking with the gnex dropped to 349, about just buying that and taking my talents to south beach, i mean, straight talk's $45 plan. if the sgs3 had come in today i probably wouldn't have, but every delay gives me more time to mull it over.

25. Krunk83

Krunk83 Android Enthusiast

My guy at radio shack said that the shipments are in Chicago and Indianapolis so I'm guessing I'll get mine tomorrow. I'm in Chicagoland area.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews