• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Pre-order Shipped

I have the gs5 sitting here in front of me but can't play with it yet until I get the email from att saying it's activated. Come on att!
it should be almost instantaneous. trying calling.

UPS delivers to my neighborhood very late, right around 7pm. UPS ships to businesses first in their route, so in my case, I would get it quicker than if it was shipped to my home.

yah that definitely makes sense.

Upvote 0
Hi All, Actually received my S5 on Tuesday the 8th. So far it is great!! Only issue is with the Otterbox Defender Case I purchased direct from Otterbox. Power button in the case will sleep and wake the phone, but to turn it on or off is not working. I'm trying to work with Otterbox to resolve this issue. I liked the Otterbox case that I used on my S II Skyrocket and had none of these issues. Hopefully the matter will be resolved soon.

As for battery life, I charged it Tuesday morning to 97 % while activating and setting up the phone. It is now Thursday afternoon and I still have 34%. I do turn off my phone at night, but I've been using it fairly heavily for me so I'd say this is great. My S II would only go for one day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones