1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

AT&T reception - Atrix 2 vs Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by NOMster, Dec 1, 2011.

1. NOMster

NOMster Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    GA
    Well since the thread was Actually about phone reception but was taken off topic and all...

Motorola it seems does get a little better reception but I'm not sure if in the real world it matters that much. However I still prefer the galaxy s after using an atrix I found the experience lacking.

That said I've also found the overall user experience on the razr to be fantastic. However I will be going with att (regardless of plan options that shall not be discussed)

Advertisement

2. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    FWIW, my Motorola Defy ($379 full retail price) would consistently get 7 - 11dBm better signal than other "flagship" phones (LG G2x, HTC Inspire/Sensation 4G, Samsung Galaxy Note). In areas of marginal reception (dBm levels lower than -101) call initiation starts to fail. A few extra dBm could make a difference between making a call, or being able to connect to the internet. At work, I'm able to stay in my seat and use my phone without issue. Everyone else typically has to leave the area and "find a good spot".

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    As this is still regarding Atrix 2 vs Galaxy S2 reception on AT&T I'll retitle the topic to make it meaningful.

This one will remain open provided it stays on topic, remains polite and does not discuss bypassing carriers' TOS or other subjects of a dubious nature. :)

4. NOMster

None

Nov 10, 2009
    GA
    I wish someone had a real world experience with these two phones. Trying to do it at the store is not really what I have in mind for signal tests.

5. BKayrac

BKayrac Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 2, 2011

my skyrocket has no issues with signal.....can't speak for the motorola

haven't found even a building with bad reception yet, and my reception is notably better than my girlfriends htc aria

6. NOMster

None

Nov 10, 2009
    GA
    Well I've found 2 phones I can get off contract for 200. The Att band nexus s or the Att band nexus 1. I'd rather go that route and upgrade later when a phone more like I really want comes out. Anybody got any input on those two?

7. chicknlil

chicknlil Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Female
    New England
    Just be sure whichever one you get, that Samsung US will service. I remember reading on here that some folks who had bought models originally destined for Canadian providers (like Rogers, that uses the same bands as AT&T) couldn't get Samsung US to provide warranty support, since the phones weren't supposed to sell in the US.

8. NOMster

None

Nov 10, 2009
    GA
    Turns out the coverage just wasn't there for me regardless. Had to go to Verizon. Oh well.